'Well Internationalists

grizzlyg

47 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Just seen latest score so glad our man is not playing.

I assume we were thrashed?  I stopped watching Scotland a few years ago and I can’t say I’ve missed it. Good luck to anyone who still watches this rubbish that masquerades as a national team. 

I switched off at 2-0, was a fan of Clarke getting the job as well but if it was possible to get worse then we have.   Was a mistake getting  rid of Strachan as  at least we were harder to beat.

Would be good to see Declan get a game on Sunday but at the same time don't want him to be dragged down to Scotland's level after the start  he has had with us.

After watching that crap especially Mulgrew  and Devlin I wound partner Gallagher and Findlay on Sunday as playing San Marino ,as they have 13 clean sheets between them this season ,and unfortunately even though would  not class then as International class nobody in their position is . I would bring in they 2 as well as Forrest , Christie , McTominey, and start Shankland also . Really hope this is rock bottom as failure to beat San Marino would be biggest low in Scotland,s history 

Need to persevere with Clarke as this isn't going to be quick fix.   Also I felt getting rid of Strachan was correct.  He had 2 campaigns and his stubbornness cost us qualifying.     I would start big Declan on Sunday, has big chance to cement that place as not a lot of competition.   I would also play front 2 of Shankland and Russell,  Russell's loyalty is a credit and he deserves a chance.   And last night should be last time we see Snodgrass, woeful last night.    Also once Tierney fit Clarke has big dilemma as Robertson struggling but I feel captaincy plays a part with that.   I would try Tierney left-back and Robertson left-mid.   My Sunday team would be

Marshall

Palmer(as we have no-ne else),    Declan, Findlay,  Robbo

Forrest   Christie  McGinn McGregor

Russell Shankland

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Need to persevere with Clarke as this isn't going to be quick fix.   Also I felt getting rid of Strachan was correct.  He had 2 campaigns and his stubbornness cost us qualifying.     I would start big Declan on Sunday, has big chance to cement that place as not a lot of competition.   I would also play front 2 of Shankland and Russell,  Russell's loyalty is a credit and he deserves a chance.   And last night should be last time we see Snodgrass, woeful last night.    Also once Tierney fit Clarke has big dilemma as Robertson struggling but I feel captaincy plays a part with that.   I would try Tierney left-back and Robertson left-mid.   My Sunday team would be

Marshall

Palmer(as we have no-ne else),    Declan, Findlay,  Robbo

Forrest   Christie  McGinn McGregor

Russell Shankland

I only watched the highlights but 3 of the 4 goals were down to terrible defending ....Sunday league standard.

There have been Scotland teams with poorer players but defensively we are awful.We are in danger of making good players e.g Marshall, Fraser, McGinn, MacGregor, Christie look average because they’re  not being played to their strengths

i cant see big Dec being  bullied as the two central defenders were last night

I hope gallagher gets a game on sunday. It would only make sense for clarke to give guys like him, findlay and shankland a cap. Mulgrew was brutal on thursday.

Tbh I was totally against clarke getting the gig. Nothing against him, he was a breath of fresh air in the premier league and worked wonders at killie, but he was the obvious choice. Ever since berti Vogts we have opted for the "obvious" choice and it is yet to work out. We need a good man manager and a bit of outside the box thinking would be nice. Absolutely no suggestions as to who so dont ask haha. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Andy_P changed the title to 'Well Internationalists
On 11/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, grizzlyg said:

Think he will go with Devlin and McKenna but hopefully big Declan gets an opportunity as I rate him higher than Devlin

Yes. You'd imagine that Devlin and McKenna will be first choices but Declan is due his chance.  Although Allan Campbell is thoroughly deserving of his inclusion in the Under 21 squad I'm concenred about burnout. He's looked jaded after previous internationals.