'Well Internationalists

grizzlyg

14 hours ago, numpty said:

At least one of them actually sounds Scottish, I suppose. (The other three sound like they'd be more at home in Downton Abbey.)

Oliver Burke was hung at Leith docks for stealing cadavers from Edinburgh graveyards.

Lyndon Dykes was the first person to cross the Sahara in a T Model Ford in 1913.

Lawrence Shankland runs a successful Edinburgh based solicitors firm.  

Oli McBurnie is a cheeky schoolboy pantomime character that is shoe horned into every Christmas production at the Kings theatre and is played by Gary Hollywood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Oliver Burke was hung at Leith docks for stealing cadavers from Edinburgh graveyards.

Lyndon Dykes was the first person to cross the Sahara in a T Model Ford in 1913.

Lawrence Shankland runs a successful Edinburgh based solicitors firm.  

Oli McBurnie is a cheeky schoolboy pantomime character that is shoe horned into every Christmas production at the Kings theatre and is played by Gary Hollywood.

Brilliant!!!

1 hour ago, Big Tosh said:

My youngest son just asked me this question (which I got horribly wrong)....

When was the last time Motherwell had two players in the senior Scotland squad? 

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was 2008, when Clarkson and McCormack were both in the squad. It may have been another poster on here, or it may have been elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

They're both backups in that squad, but I wouldn't say either was "playing terribly".  They were both good in our win at Pittodrie, for example.

Also, I'm a better full back than McTominay so any natural full back in the international team would be an improvement.

18 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Conflicted on the call ups, normally any 'Well player making the team is something to celebrate but this season with their form I seriously worry for the country. I'd also urge Steve Clarke to get his sheepskin on and visit a few more games.

A few more games? Hes admitted in todays papers that hes not attended any matches since the start of the season.

Steve Clarke is proving himself to be the idiot, that I believe he is by including two Motherwell players who have been shite this season.

I really do love to see any Motherwell player getting International recognition and being selected, but I am puzzled why in Scotland’s case that Gallagher and O’Donnell have been selected, as what I have seen of the pair this season I would not select them for Scotland as I don’t think they have done enough this season to merit selection. I am not saying they are playing badly, I can understand why they were selected last season as they both played well and justified selection to the squad, but this season sorry not playing well enough for selection in my opinion!

Now I see PJ Morrison has been selected for the under 21’s which must be great  for Peter and a confidence booster for the young keeper, but I question why was he called into the squad, as far as I know I don’t think he has a game this season?