'Well Internationalists

grizzlyg

Delighted for Declan. Looked very comfortable. Would need to see it again, but thought he may have broke the line at the freekick that led to their goal. Can't blame him for that finish though! 

I don't think I'll ever understand the McKenna hype.  He's pish and it makes me think I know nothing about football the way everyone goes on 

Delighted for the big fella getting his first cap. Thought he did well enough, certainly the better of the 2 centre backs. For me McKenna caused their goal. Terrible first touch and foul to concede the free kick. Not sure what more Gallagher can do with the header. Did well to get something on it. He will be better for the experience.

43 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I am 5'4 and the other side of 40 but I tell you what I could do a better job up front than oli mcburnie...in fact must be the name as oli burke not much better. Would be better with Murs and Hardy!!!..ba boom

I cannot fuckin stand McBurnie, there's actual video footage of him begging John Fleck not to leave him on his own, saying it's shit being away with Scotland. The team is littered with Englishmen who don't really care all that much.

Just had a wee look at the highlights. The marking for their goal is an utter shambles, absolutely nobody tracking the late run of the guy who scored while we had 2 or 3 men standing free not marking. No chance Gallagher was to blame there.

48 minutes ago, wellowell said:

My arse was partly responsible for the goal great ball in he won it well back headered it away not his fault man not marked he has not got eyes in the back of his head 

It would certainly be a bit harsh to blame him for it, but as a defender you're always taking a bit of a risk knocking the ball into an area you can't see. Not sure he could have done much else under the circumstances though.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:05 PM, mwellhighland said:

I don't think I'll ever understand the McKenna hype.  He's pish and it makes me think I know nothing about football the way everyone goes on 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that.  He is the very definition of a carthorse.  Miller, with obvious bias, mentioning trying a pairing of Devlin and McKenna as they play together at club level and will have an understanding.  That's a fair enough point if both of them weren't absolutely fucking shite.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that.  He is the very definition of a carthorse.  Miller, with obvious bias, mentioning trying a pairing of Devlin and McKenna as they play together at club level and will have an understanding.  That's a fair enough point if both of them weren't absolutely fucking shite.

Ive said it for Years, McKenna is a fucking carthorse! Willie Miller etc have a hardon for him because physically he is a Unit and he plays for Aberdeen. I still dont believe Aberdeen knocked back £6m from West Brom. Mainly because I dont think Aberdeen would be daft enough to accept even anything close to half that, cause he's pish.

Gallagher deserves to keep his place. Was head and shoulders above McKenna on Saturday

I think McKenna is decent but decent at a Scottish top level. He's a big Centre half. decent enough however, When the talk of £10m valuations and the fact they reportedly knocked back £5m for him comes in to play it is then I'd turn round and tell ye he was fucking god awful.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Delighted for big Declan,  hope he has a man of the match performance to silence Willie Miller, his bias towards Aberdeen players is shocking

I don't mind Willie Miller's diatribes. I don't agree with them very often, but he doesn't hide his Aberdeen bias, so it's easy to filter out. Same for Richard Gordon or Tam and Stuart on Off the Ball.

It's more annoying to me when pundits try and pretend they support a wee team when they are obviously OF fans. (Aye, I'm looking at you Chick Young).

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...