Robbo on Sportsound

joewarkfanclub

Stephen Robinson on Sportsound tonight with Kenny Miller and Stevie Naismith. Talking about Scotland squad, international football and his time at Motherwell. Was a good listen and he appeared to be held in high regard by Miller and Naismith. Pretty sure you can get it as a podcast on BBC Scotland.

Excellent interview and sadly one that confirms he will be in big demand in a very short space of time. 

Every time I have listened to him I have been impressed.

Yes we stuttered at the beginning of last season but thankfully the board (unlike certain fans) had faith. 

I urge all Well fans to listen to the podcast. A great listen and enlightening about Turnbull, Long, Gallagher etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Did he mention the board telling him to change the style and put in young players or he would be getting his P45?

No, but he did mention social media and how if uninformed people put something in “print”, people then believe it to be true....fair point actually. 

He also mentioned how hoof ball had got them to 2 cup finals and you can only play with the players you have.

He came across really well . Will be a big loss when he does go 

On 10/3/2019 at 4:21 AM, steelboy said:

Did he mention the board telling him to change the style and put in young players or he would be getting his P45?

I’m guessing another one of those “ my mates girlfriends mums gardener told her “ moments. Goes alongside the likes of “ such and such a player can’t stand him” just before they sign a new contract.

come on are we not past nonsense like this.

10 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m guessing another one of those “ my mates girlfriends mums gardener told her “ moments. Goes alongside the likes of “ such and such a player can’t stand him” just before they sign a new contract.

come on are we not past nonsense like this.

I think reading this forum since Robinson's appointment  it does seem ,  quite simply there are those on here who want him and the team to do well & others with their own agendas (ie  perhaps 'being proved right' on an internet message board) who are so obsessed with him failing that they refuse to see any good in him

So if anything bad happens .... its Robinson's fault and if anything good happens its has to be down to someone else

• Like 1

In fairness to Steelboy and I have not had cause to say that often...

The board did talk to Robinson over poor results and involving more young players in starting line up.  In fact you would question the Board had they not done so. 

That then happened but I would hazard a guess there was no ultimatum as such. 

Anyways it seems to have worked even if events meant introducing Hastie and Turnbull rather than a conscious choice as such. 

I'd expect the board and the manager to be having discussions about results, strategy and health of the club on a regular basis. 

That is completely different situation from being given an ultimatum to "change style or get sacked".