2019'20 Game 8: St Mirren (H)

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, Rammer said:

How are we playing Weeyin? No access to any social media or radio.

Been playing OK. Made a few decent chances and half chances, but St Mirren keeper has done well to snuff out 3 or 4 of them.

A pretty dominant first half. Highlight has to be big Declan doing a bit of wing play, beating his man and driving to the line to create a good scoring chance.

Maguire's looking comfortable in his new role, Seedorf has had some good runs, Campbell is as dynamic as ever and Polworth is being Polworth with some excellent distribution.

Will be interesting to see if St Mirren, who were sitting in quite a bit, decide to be more expansive the second half or will continue to keep it tight.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Been playing OK. Made a few decent chances and half chances, but St Mirren keeper has done well to snuff out 3 or 4 of them.

A pretty dominant first half. Highlight has to be big Declan doing a bit of wing play, beating his man and driving to the line to create a good scoring chance.

Good stuff. Hopefully put the game to bed in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Rammer said:

Thanks for the updates! Was hoping we could get a second, is it looking likely?

Game is a lot more open, but we've had 2 or 3 good chances to put the game away. Polworth and Campbell both had times when shooting would have been better than passing. Seedorf hit a great ball into the 6 yard box, but no striker to finish, and Polworth's effort well saved by Hladky.

1 minute ago, Rammer said:

Sounds as though we should be 2 or 3 up but are making hard work of it this half. Would be nice to go into the international break on a high.

Aye, St Mirren obviously have nothing to lose and have been more attacking, but we have had our chances to finish it off.  Back to game management now to try and make sure we pick up the 3 points.

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

Aye, St Mirren obviously have nothing to lose and have been more attacking, but we have had our chances to finish it off.  Back to game management now to try and make sure we pick up the 3 points.

Not our strong point unfortunately! 

The subs made me scratch my head. Scott was playing well. Seedorf had almost scored and both get taken off. Cole had probably the worst game I think in his professional career. Kept falling over, couldnt keep the ball more than a second. Hold up was non existent. Why Robinson persisted with him for so long and took two players off who were actually contributing is beyond me. Long took his goal well and is a good finisher. He can hold it up as well. Apart from Cole the team played well. Defence coped well with anything St. Mirren threw at them which wasn't much. Maguire looked assured in the centre of the park and played with composure. Lost a few balls but so did more experienced players. One for the future. Campbell was everywhere once again. Polworth outstanding and unfortunate not score with a sublime shot. I think we will be lucky to hold onto Gallagher and Polworth come 1st January as they are standouts.

• Like 1