• Allan Campbell
    • Devante Cole
    • Liam Polworth
    • James Scott
    • Jernaine Hylton
    • Christopher Long
    • Christian Illic
    • Null Vote

Went for Polworth, although if i was to find a criticism it would be that he's so focused on trying to find deft little passes that he overlooks some fantastic opportunities to get a shot away. Particularly in the 2nd half he had two or three chances at the edge of the box to just put the laces through the ball, but instead tried to play a little dink through. Maybe put off by his couple of wild efforts in the first half.

Great player though.

• Like 1

No failures at all today, first half Gallacher was so comfortable it looked like he was playing in his slippers, second half Hartley was immense. The midfield was very balanced, McGuire looked as if he had been playing that role his whole life and Polworth and Campbell ran the show. I went with Polworth in the end.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Al B said:

Went for Polworth, although if i was to find a criticism it would be that he's so focused on trying to find deft little passes that he overlooks some fantastic opportunities to get a shot away.

Polworth and Campbell both guilty of not pulling the trigger today on a couple of occasions, but thought Polworth was still the best player on the pitch.

1 hour ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

Alan Campbell never stopped all game and thought he deserved MOM .Glad to see Barry McGuire getting a full game and looking so composed and mature for his age and experience.

I think the last few games Campbell has been excellent and improving is all round game. Turning into Mr Consistency. 

Voted for Barry because no-one else had, but to be fair he was essentially making his debut in that position, he has had a couple of league cup games against lower league opposition but this is the real stuff, he got robbed a couple of times but in the main was assured, kept the ball moving, made a few forward moves and mopped up at the back too.  A good game.

17 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I think the last few games Campbell has been excellent and improving is all round game. Turning into Mr Consistency. 

He seems like a different player than he was when he first broke through. I don't see that terrier like hard tackler anymore, he's far more of a forward thinking player whose best work is on the ball rather than off it which was previously the case. 

He was off the boil for long spells last year (in my opinion), so great to see him return to surely one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

Just now, CoF said:

He seems like a different player than he was when he first broke through. I don't see that terrier like hard tackler anymore, he's far more of a forward thinking player whose best work is on the ball rather than off it which was previously the case. 

He was off the boil for long spells last year (in my opinion), so great to see him return to surely one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

I think at one point last season he was lucky to keep his place in the team. However he’s certainly upped his game now.