Which club will take our Manager ?

Welldaft Mk1

3 hours ago, stv said:

Micheal Stewart says Im a perfect fit as he knows the club, knows all the footballing formations in the world, where the ball will be played to before it happens, can work a wee tv marker on screen, has media contacts and he has the sun shinning out his maroon arse hole.   Hes a dead cert ......or so he thinks.

To be fair that's probably  what Levein  told them  as well at his interview,  Jack Ross is the man, get your cash on it.

7 hours ago, Yodo said:

Time to cash in on the manager while his stock is high just like any player at Fir Park everybody is for sale 

Don’t see compo that would be close to what it could cost the club if they let him go. We should do everything in our power to hold on to him.

I would be quite disappointed to lose him at this stage. Last January after that cup exit I was ready to drive him to the airport myself, but the way he changed the tactics and kicked on, has then built another new team and has us up at the top end of the table, despite some obvious deficiencies on the park, its been quite impressive. I think there is much more to come from this team and if we can get Turnbull back (playing for us) I expect the team to really kick into gear in the new year. A new manager might not get that.......

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

No disrespect to Robinson, but Hearts can afford better and will likely go for "a name".

Afford better than a Manager that has taken a low budget side to 2 cup finals and currently has them sitting them in 3rd place in table. 
Right on

Robinson would be an excellent appointment for Hearts and imagine what he could do with a bigger budget.  Hopefully they will look at other options or Robinson will stay in the hope of getting a gig down south. 

I'd be very surprised if Hearts were able to afford Robbo if I'm being honest.  They aren't awash with cash at present thanks in part to infrastructure projects and mainly a fucking wild transfer policy that sees them spunk most of their budget on utter shite.

Would Robbo even fancy the job?  A major rebuild both on and off the park, with the current owner due to leave within 18 months, may not be that attractive a prospect from a football side.  They can offer a good bit more in cash salary wise though...

2 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Robinson would be an excellent appointment for Hearts and imagine what he could do with a bigger budget.

Nobody knows, and that would the gamble for Hearts... some managers do their best work with limited resources, and turn out to be useless at buying players who are closer to the finished article when they get the chance. (Terry Butcher springs to mind.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Honestly don't see Robinson going anywhere before the end of the season. 

That's my feeling  as well, why swap a club with a developing young team currently 3rd in the league, building for a European  return . To get involved in a relegation  fight, with half of the team out injured long term, questions  over what cash is available,  and that fud Levein lurking about in the background .

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

No disrespect to Robinson, but Hearts can afford better and will likely go for "a name".

Agree.

Suspect Hearts would be something of a poisoned chalice for Robinson.

I'm happy enough with him at the moment as our manager but when you boil it down to the facts he's not shown the level of managerial ability that suggests he could go to a much bigger club, with much more pressure, much more media focus, much more expectation and turn them round from a historic low ebb.

It's taken him two and half seasons to make us look like we might finish Top 6 (and there is still a LOT of the season to go and things could change radically) and he's just not going to get that time at Hearts.  And if you look at Hearts they have pretty much chewed and spat out managers over the last 10 years.  Outside of Levein, who got 3 years, they have gone through 7 other managers in 7 years. 

Of course it could be that Robinson is a better manager now than when he came to the club.  He certainly seems to have altered his footballing philosophy but if I was at Hearts looking for a manager I'd be looking for someone who'd had sustained success and right now Robinson's highs have been flash in the pan.  3rd at this stage is fine but the league season is only 25% done and Levein had Hearts top at this stage last season to illustrate how misleading that can be.

Jack Ross seems like a better fit for them.  Big club experience and had that rapid turn around at St. Mirren where they went from bottom of the Championship to league winners in a short time.

Hearts can well afford to take SR if they want.  A "low 6 figure fee" will present no obstacle to them. Robinson could quadruple his salary at Tynecastle without doubt.  The question for me is whether he would want the job in a basket case of a club.  He might be tempted by the riches on offer, he might not, time will tell.  If they want to secure someone by the middle of next week then the recruitment process must be well underway.  IF he is on their wanted list then they will almost certainly have spoken to him. 

2 hours ago, numpty said:

Nobody knows, and that would the gamble for Hearts... some managers do their best work with limited resources, and turn out to be useless at buying players who are closer to the finished article when they get the chance. (Terry Butcher springs to mind.)

Tommy McLean...

I’d like to see the club address this very quickly so they can quickly issue a statement one way or the other. Can be unsettling when things like this drag on.  Perhaps they have a clause in his contract about only letting him leave mid contract for a team outside of SPFL?  Doubt it but it would be a good clause to have in any manager's contract we have. 

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Afford better than a Manager that has taken a low budget side to 2 cup finals and currently has them sitting them in 3rd place in table. 
Right on

Robinson would be an excellent appointment for Hearts and imagine what he could do with a bigger budget.  Hopefully they will look at other options or Robinson will stay in the hope of getting a gig down south. 

I didn't make any of the points you are arguing against.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Jack Ross seems like a better fit for them.  Big club experience and had that rapid turn around at St. Mirren where they went from bottom of the Championship to league winners in a short time.

Left previous employment there under a bit of a cloud. Physio involved, but, it’s allegedly a requisite at club closer to home.