Which club will take our Manager ?

Welldaft Mk1

Let’s be honest Hearts will pay if they want him, Robinson will go if he wants the challenge of a bigger club. Whatever anyone thinks of Robinson we are in 3rd place in November. If we can find a replacement that can better that good luck, I suspect the odds are that’s not going to happen, any compensation  will be peanuts in relative terms next to the potential that we could start going backwards if he leaves.

Its more the fear of the unknown when a manager leaves , the thought of the potential tossers you could get especially when we have had stability longer than most clubs . Robinson had been clearly dedicated ad none too shabby in the transfer market. It the worry of that stability falling apart that concerns most fans. However every club with the exception of the elites sees their best move on. Id be sorry to see Robinson go , he does have an affinity for the club but like players hes earned his big pay day move when it comes.

14 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Its more the fear of the unknown when a manager leaves , the thought of the potential tossers you could get especially when we have had stability longer than most clubs . Robinson had been clearly dedicated ad none too shabby in the transfer market. It the worry of that stability falling apart that concerns most fans. However every club with the exception of the elites sees their best move on. Id be sorry to see Robinson go , he does have an affinity for the club but like players hes earned his big pay day move when it comes.

I don’t think anyone will mind if he earns a move to a bigger club. 

However like Turnbull you want them to move to a club that are NOT in direct competition to Motherwell FC.

I will wish him well if and when he moves but NOT if it is to ANY club in the same league. 

From Alan Burrows' comments and snippets elsewhere it seems that Stephen Robinson has some kind of release clause in his contract and that the club will be an interested bystander in the process, no more.  It will be solely up to Robinson whether he speaks to Hearts and if he accepts a job offer if one is forthcoming.  Sunday Mail quotes compensation of £120K , which is chickfeed to Hearts.

Richard Gordon said on Sportsound yesterday that "Alan Burrows was locked in talks with Stephen Robinson but it wasn't about Hearts".

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

From Alan Burrows' comments and snippets elsewhere it seems that Stephen Robinson has some kind of release clause in his contract and that the club will be an interested bystander in the process, no more.  It will be solely up to Robinson whether he speaks to Hearts and if he accepts a job offer if one is forthcoming.  Sunday Mail quotes compensation of £120K , which is chickfeed to Hearts.

Richard Gordon said on Sportsound yesterday that "Alan Burrows was locked in talks with Stephen Robinson but it wasn't about Hearts".

The compo will indeed be next to nothing. Talk of “cashing in” is just plain daft.

He’s a saleable commodity the same as any player 

If Hearts come up with the money and Robinson wants to go then so be it he goes 

A year ago some wanted him punted and that would have cost us money to pay of his contract 

It looks unlikely that we’re going to be in relegation battle so why not give Las the job till the end of the season and if it works out great if not we look at whose available 

35 minutes ago, walking down the Fir Park said:

What I just watched on BT sport between craigan and ally etc seems more to ‘Robinson to hearts’ than meets the eye.  I was confident it would not happen until I seen that

Not quite sure what you could be implying.  I had assumed that Hearts had already made contact with Robinson to sound him out and would approach our club formally if he he indicated he was interested. Is that not how these things are done?