Which club will take our Manager ?

Welldaft Mk1

1 hour ago, walking down the Fir Park said:

What I just watched on BT sport between craigan and ally etc seems more to ‘Robinson to hearts’ than meets the eye.  I was confident it would not happen until I seen that

If we see a shot of SR in the crowd next to Ann Budge, then I will  believe  it, until then I reckon it's all typical media made up dross.  That said now I fully expect the "Robinson confirmed as new nanager" stories In Tomorrow's  papers :ph34r:

Managers either get sacked for failing or poached for succeeding. If you have to choose, being poached for succeeding is preferable.

Hearts would be mad not to include him in their list of targets, but they won't be short of options given the relative size of the club and their budget.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

If robbo goes we go for Jack Ross...end of

Ordinarily I'd say there's no chance we get him, but the truth is if he's interested in rehabilitating his career he could do worse than a few years with us. There's a winning formula in place, we have a decent setup, it's perfect for someone like him really.

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Jimmy Calderwood surely ?

He’s unfortunately got dementia.

I’m amazed nobody is talking about Gordon Strachan. Think he’s some sort of Director of Football at Dundee? If Robinson were to go, I’d have him in a heartbeat.

I suspect Robinson will be heading to Edinburgh one way or another in next few weeks.

(was there an overlap with Leann Dempster and Robinson?)

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m amazed nobody is talking about Gordon Strachan. Think he’s some sort of Director of Football at Dundee? If Robinson were to go, I’d have him in a heartbeat.

I suspect Robinson will be heading to Edinburgh one way or another in next few weeks.

Robinson only came in as Assistant after Dempster had left about 6 months before 

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Gordon Strachan?? Wouldnt be happy with that .Its all about him and him trying to be funny or awkward at press conferences ......failed at Scotland despite getting two bites at the cherry .....give it someone who has something to prove , it’s all hypothetical at the minute anyway.

Sadly, if Hearts do in truth want Robinson (and that is far from certain) then he would be fulfilling his ambitions to move to bigger and more lucrative challenges. That being the case, it would be sincere thanks for the great deal you have done for us and best wishes in your new post.

Who would I want to succeed him? I’d be happy to give Stephen Craigan a go.

1 hour ago, Hope Springs said:

Sadly, if Hearts do in truth want Robinson (and that is far from certain) then he would be fulfilling his ambitions to move to bigger and more lucrative challenges. That being the case, it would be sincere thanks for the great deal you have done for us and best wishes in your new post.

Who would I want to succeed him? I’d be happy to give Stephen Craigan a go.

Agreed on Craigan. Had an excellent record with thee youth team, conducts himself very well in the media and knows the club. Wouldn't be adversed to Lasley however would ideally like him to stay as number 2 for the time being. 

54 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I actually have a hunch he won’t go to Hearts. 

They will have a large quantity of applicants that won’t cost compensation. 

Budge has also made clear there is no front runner despite what media is reporting i.e Robinson.  Of course she could just be saying that but I have a feeling he will not b appointed. 

Ditto

26 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Moving to another club outwith the old firm is pointless. Yes he might get more money, but he will be on a hiding to nothing.  Winning a cup,  is the best they or anyone outwith the old firm can possibly achieve. The big money is down south, thats where he should be heading. 

If he wants to be able to commute home every weekend, his options might be limited either side of the border. Not every club is accommodating as ours.

Hibs sacking Heckingbottom might have some interesting butterfly effects on us. I don't think Hibs will be in for Robinson because their weird delusions of grandeur wouldn't tolerate his style of play. They'll probably be shopping in the exact same market as Hearts though, and I reckon they'll both feel a bit of pressure from the fans to get the better candidate. I get the impression Hearts fans aren't overly enamored with Robinson already but if Hibs manage to appoint a name I could see Budge and co pushing the boat out a bit more for someone with pedigree.

21 minutes ago, Yassin said:

They'll probably be shopping in the exact same market as Hearts though, and I reckon they'll both feel a bit of pressure from the fans to get the better candidate. 

They will both be looking for high profile signings and Robinson doesn’t fit that bill. When Robinson does go, I suspect it will be somewhere down South.