Which club will take our Manager ?

Welldaft Mk1

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

They will both be looking for high profile signings and Robinson doesn’t fit that bill. When Robinson does go, I suspect it will be somewhere down South.

Hibs have stated high profile and experienced so yes, that’s Robinson ruled out of that one.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hibs have stated high profile and experienced so yes, that’s Robinson ruled out of that one.

Whether they like it or not Hearts will be under pressure to match that lofty ambition and I suspect will discount Robinson as financially they can’t afford to get this wrong. 

I personally cant see him going to either hibs or hearts as best he could do would be 3rd and if he did it would be expected and if he didnt then he would be be a failure. He can imo get 3rd with us with less pressure and not a failure if he doesnt. I know the wages there would be a lot more but I feel too much of a risk for him as if he goes there and fails then he will forever only be at clubs like ourselves and oldham. Get us 3rd and he would have i believe pick of a few english championship teams with obviously then an opportunity to get promoted to premier league and all that brings. Also if he goes to english championship and fails as has been seen with loads of previous managers he would still most likely get a decent job back up here.

• Like 1

If either of the two Edinburgh clubs look beyond the big name catch then Robinson would be a good option. A young, ambitious manager who has shown he can do much with limited resource. A man who works tirelessly, is professional and gives thought to all aspects of the successful running of a football club.

Fortunately, I don't think either of the Edinburgh clubs will be able to see beyond the big name so for a time at least, I think we will keep our man. If Motherwell are still 3rd when the January window opens, I think the vulture's will start to circle.

People tend to forget that Hibs were going backwards under Lennon when he left. He made an impact when he arrived but they were languishing mid-table when he left and were struggling for form. I am by no means saying that Lennon was a poor manager, his success at Celtic at this moment proves his worth, more that managing Hibs (or Hearts for that matter) is no walk in the park.

Budge on STV tonight saying she is looking for a high profile  experienced manager and has made no approach for anyone despite  what has been said by various media sources.

she intends to take her time to draw up a shortlist of candidates before deciding and the new appointment WILL be working with a Director of Football.

All sounds like good news to me regarding Robinson continuing at Fir Park.

COYW

• Like 1

I wouldn't go anywhere near Hearts I still think old Craigy boy is lurking about like a bad smell and the Hibs job always seem to come with a poison chalice!We are actually a good club to work for might not pay the most but have one of the best Chief Execs in the game to work under if anything I am shocked he has been poached by a big club.

Robbo more than likely will go to a Preston or Barnsley that type of club but who knows he might think what's the point I like it here doing what I do.

17 hours ago, MrBeee said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near Hearts I still think old Craigy boy is lurking about like a bad smell and the Hibs job always seem to come with a poison chalice!We are actually a good club to work for might not pay the most but have one of the best Chief Execs in the game to work under if anything I am shocked he has been poached by a big club.

Do you think Burrows could or would even want to translate his passion for this club to another?

Stating that you are wanting a high-profile, experienced manager is one thing; getting one / affording one is another.

They would be better keeping their mouths shut as I expect both will end up having to accept somebody far from that description.

In the name of Pettigrew, if Moyes isn't interested.......................

32 minutes ago, Cedric Silkyshag said:

And I would be wary of "manager-speak" too. How many here remember Jock Wallace, then manger of Leicester, saying he would only return to Scotland for the Rangers job?

Not as bad as Terry Butcher's story about just "taking a holiday to Australia" during the latter part of the season.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, Yorkyred said:

Yes sorry about that. 

Ffs dont go sayin sorry on here when you get somthing not quite right . You could start a trend . We would need to start a new five page topic to cope with all the appologies.