Which club will take our Manager ?

Welldaft Mk1

I don't know why, but I can see Robinson possibly going to Hearts...but not to Hibs. 

Still think it would a step sideways for him. Sure he will earn more and have a bigger budget, but anything he can achieve with Hearts or Hibs he could achieve with us, and moving to Edinburgh would delay a move down south to the Championship. 

He could potentially get a move to two of his former clubs in coming year. Preston are on some real form just now, Alex Neil's stock is high and he could be poached by another club and Luton are caught in a relegation battle and could be looking for a new manager at some point. Both of those jobs would appeal to Robbo and think both of those clubs would be interested in Robbo - and both are better opportunities for his career than Hibs or Hearts. 

Perhaps not "which club will" but "which country will":  according to the always-truthful-and-reliable source that is the "B"BC, Stoke have asked permission to speak to Norn Irlun boss Michael O'Neill.  LINKY Robinson has made no secret of his wish for that job "at some point in time".

Meanwhile, the Barcelona boss has been given the dreaded "vote of confidence".

2 hours ago, Cedric Silkyshag said:

Perhaps not "which club will" but "which country will":  according to the always-truthful-and-reliable source that is the "B"BC, Stoke have asked permission to speak to Norn Irlun boss Michael O'Neill.  LINKY Robinson has made no secret of his wish for that job "at some point in time".

Meanwhile, the Barcelona boss has been given the dreaded "vote of confidence".

Aye. I wasn't concerned by Hearts or Hibs, but if the NI job comes up he'll be there, I reckon.

47 minutes ago, The African said:

No thoughts on Tommy Wright for the Northern Irish job? He has served his apprenticeship at st Johnstone and actually won something.

Robinson served his apprenticeship with the NI youth squads and assisted O'Neill with the senior squad that qualified for Euro 2016.

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

That gives me the fear big time, no disrespect to Lasley but if SR does go we could do a lot better in respect of a manager with more experience,  decent track record etc.

Heard the same thing about Owen Coyle when we chose Robinson and Coyle went to County :lol:

I think if Norn Iron come calling Robbo will go but I don't think he'll apply.  Whomever follows O'Niell is onto a hiding.  Baraclough I think is favourite.   

Think O’neill could’ve done better than a Stoke side heading for League one.

Although looking at their squad, he maybe feels he can turn it round.

Wouldn't grudge Robinson at all if he got the opportunity, but selfishly hope he doesn’t. This could all move very quickly given the international break, or they may choose to go with a caretaker and have a replacement in for March?

Just now, weeyin said:

So NI Under-21 manager Ian Baraclough to ultimately take over the senior squad with Robinson as his assistant?

Can't see Robinson taking an assistant post. It's a situation where you can lose your job because of the failings of the guy above you.

O'Neill rejects Scotland but takes on the Stoke basket-case? I'm not sure what that says about Scotland.

18 minutes ago, Cedric Silkyshag said:

Can't see Robinson taking an assistant post.

It was a joke.

Robinson was Baraclough's assistant at Fir Park. Then Baraclough was Robinson's assistant at Oldham. Now they are both linked to the NI job, it would be mildly amusing if they switched roles again.

• Like 1

Thinking of this from Robinson’s perspective, I don’t think there is a better time to leave than now. His stock couldn’t be higher, and he’ll know fine well how quickly that can change, especially at a club like ours. The fact that his dream job has come up adds to that. He’d be crazy not to take the NI job if he was offered it. 

As for our next manager, it’s Lasley and you know it.

Interesting. O'Neill is staying in charge of Norn Iron (as well as pursuing his Stoke duties) for the forthcoming Euro games against Holland and Germany, and any potential play-offs. (Stop sniggering at the back, boy.)

So, there may not be a vacancy there for several months yet. (Allowing time for him to get sacked by Stoke and carry on across Boris' non-border as if Staffordshire never happened.)