2019'20 Game 9: Aberdeen (H)

Andy_P

A  seven point gap between us and Aberdeen come Saturday night would be fantastic. Along with County away to Celtic and Livi and Killie playing each other, there's a chance to put some real distance between ourselves and the chasing pack.

2-0 to Aberdeen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Aberdeen have a few out injured and suspended. So, I'm hoping for a win here.  

For me, I'd go:

Gillespie

Grimshaw Gallagher Hartley Carrol

Campbell Polworth MaGuire

Scott Long Seedorf

Carrol for Tait and Long for Cole the changes. Carrol has played well when not suspended and gives us good pace. Tait still a bit suspect but he played a lot better in the last game so it's close between them. Long I think could be excellent with a run in the team. To me looks a great striker. Cole offers a bit more physicality though.  Again, close. 

3-1 'Well

1 hour ago, superward said:

Aberdeen have a few out injured and suspended. So, I'm hoping for a win here.  

For me, I'd go:

Gillespie

Grimshaw Gallagher Hartley Carrol

Campbell Polworth MaGuire

Scott Long Seedorf

Carrol for Tait and Long for Cole the changes. Carrol has played well when not suspended and gives us good pace. Tait still a bit suspect but he played a lot better in the last game so it's close between them. Long I think could be excellent with a run in the team. To me looks a great striker. Cole offers a bit more physicality though.  Again, close. 

3-1 'Well

I’d tend to agree with your changes. For me Long looks much more the likely of the 2 to start banging in some goals

34 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

I'm expecting an extremely cynical and "robust" performance from the Mutton Molesters, who will hope that Cosgrove can conjure a goal from some scrappy play. 

Hoping we squeeze a 2-1 win but a lot will depend on the referee *shakes head ruefully*.

A fair summing up.  Win, lose or draw, our players will know they've been in a game come Saturday evening.  We're due some refereeing favours after the last 2 or 3 games, but very rarely get them against Aberdeen.   

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

A fair summing up.  Win, lose or draw, our players will know they've been in a game come Saturday evening.  We're due some refereeing favours after the last 2 or 3 games, but very rarely get them against Aberdeen.   

I’m absolutely sure it won’t be a walk over and will be tough, they just about all are in the top flight. I think thought if we go into this with a positive attitude we have nothing to fear. As before outside the top two I don’t believe there is a team with any real quality in the league.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I don't think Aberdeen will give us as much space as St Mirren did so it will be a much bigger test for Maguire. Carroll definitely comes back in and I'd put Tait in for Grimmy as he's much better on the ball.

Aye I'd agree with this. Equally though, Seedorf and Cole etc should be able to benefit from a lot more space to get in behind than the last 3 games where teams have sat in against us.