2019'20 Game 9: Aberdeen (H)

Andy_P

This has a feel of the Ross County game about it. A game we think we should be winning and coming into in good form, and we somehow manage to conspire against ourselves to lose it.

Im usually an optimist, but we are going to need to play to our best to get anything out of this.

Hopefully thats what happens and we are not bemoaning another missed opportunity.

• Like 1

We have a decent record against them in recent games, but they are usually quite tight affairs.

Part of me thinks that if we keep our level of performance as high as the past few matches we should win this one. The other part of me thinks that there's no way Aberdeen can play as poorly again as they did against Hibs. 

We’ve got a chance to open up a 7 point gap on Aberdeen and county, with the later playing at Celtic park.  Live and Killie are also playing each other and a draw in that would see us sitting with a healthy gap over the pack. We could be cruising in 3rd and only 2 points behind the old firm after almost the entire first round of fixtures.

In light of this.... 2-0 to Aberdeen. 

3 hours ago, Kmac said:

We’ve got a chance to open up a 7 point gap on Aberdeen and county, with the later playing at Celtic park.  Live and Killie are also playing each other and a draw in that would see us sitting with a healthy gap over the pack. We could be cruising in 3rd and only 2 points behind the old firm after almost the entire first round of fixtures.

This is exactly the kind of game we tend to blow.  However we should take each game on its own.  First and foremost we need to be solid with no mistakes.  Anything over and above that is a bonus. 

On 10/14/2019 at 2:07 PM, GazzyB said:

A  seven point gap between us and Aberdeen come Saturday night would be fantastic. Along with County away to Celtic and Livi and Killie playing each other, there's a chance to put some real distance between ourselves and the chasing pack.

2-0 to Aberdeen.

12 hours ago, Kmac said:

That felt like The Office (UK) vs The Office (US)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We all want meaningful games, and it's been a few years since we've had them at the right end of the table. Really looking forward to tomorrow and hoping the international break will mean a decent home and away crowd. 

I think we're in for a solid season, but a win tomorrow would be a real marker on where we are as a football team.

Think it'll be a tight game with us at the very least avoiding defeat. 1-1 or 2-1. 

49 minutes ago, CoF said:

We all want meaningful games, and it's been a few years since we've had them at the right end of the table. Really looking forward to tomorrow and hoping the international break will mean a decent home and away crowd. 

I think we're in for a solid season, but a win tomorrow would be a real marker on where we are as a football team.

Think it'll be a tight game with us at the very least avoiding defeat. 1-1 or 2-1. 

Saying over on Pie and Bovril that Aberdeen haven't sold a lot of tickets as there is a lot of apathy up there just now about the team so more pressure on the Bois to create a good atmosphere.

Sayin that I think they'll still bring a half decent crowd

37 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Apparently O'Hara and Carroll are doubts for tomorrow. O'Hara no real loss, Carroll a bit of a blow...

I think we must injure more players during breaks that any other team in Scotland. Seems like after every international break we end up with more players out of action.

Looking forward to this but really no idea how it will pan out. We are in good form and them not so much. Im usually a 'happy clapper' but my feelimgs this season are more that we have been winning due to being less pish than the opposition. Our defence has looked very ropey from time to time, if we come up against a team with some creativity up front we could be in bother.

Saying that, i doubt Aberdeen are that team

Would love to win this one but as a long term fan I know that these are exactly the kind of games we get nervous about.

I'm assuming Aberdeen will have McKenna and Devlin playing together for the first time in a while so you'd imagine that they will be stronger defensively.

Cosgrove isn't much more than a big rough boy hopefully we can match him physically.

Shay Logan has usually been a decent player at this level but recently he's been absolutely stinking.  Would suggest that might be an area we look at.

I’d like to think that the confidence which comes from a high league place and a run of victories added to the strong incentive to consolidate our league position should take us over the line. Our players are growing with every game and for the first time in quite a while there is serious competition for places in the team. 
I’d like to see Long and and Scott start and stretch Aberdeen’s centre back pairing. I hope Cole and Seedirf contribute too to get at the full backs. The most interesting, however, is as mentioned above, how Gallagher v Cosgrove pans out. Win that and we should win the game. So, to be optimistic, I fancy 2-0 to the Steelmen. COYW!