2019'20 Game 9: Aberdeen (H)

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

First decent team we have played since Celtic and once again we were found wanting all over the pitch .Why is Seedorf getting a start offered nothing and very little in recents game .Probably Alan Campbell's worse game this season and Polworth well enough said . Big bit in the Sun this morning about the scouting system unearthing gems well everyone of this season signings today were mince and the manager only has a plan A not a plan B in sight 

Hello  yodo true to form as ever after a bad game for us, so finally a Saturday  you can start posting shite again you must have been ragin the last few weeks. As for your post Aberdeen are murder, not a good team,  we gifted them 2 goals no1 was robinsons fault not getting  a sub on and leaving a big hole in the defence and the 2nd well less said about that the better, but it's good to hear from you again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hello  yodo true to form as ever after a bad game for us, so finally a Saturday  you can start posting shite again you must have been ragin the last few weeks. As for your post Aberdeen are murder, not a good team,  we gifted them 2 goals no1 was robinsons fault not getting  a sub on and leaving a big hole in the defence and the 2nd well less said about that the better, but it's good to hear from you again 

So the team that are murder gub us 3-0 at home says a lot for us and if you think we have played well over the piece since the start of the season then u really are a happy clapper 

Just now, Yodo said:

So the team that are murder gub us 3-0 at home says a lot for us and if you think we have played well over the piece since the start of the season then u really are a happy clapper 

Nah I just look at the results and the fact we are still 3rd in the league and still above Aberdeen,  but you batter in mate and fill your boots with negative shite, you don't get the chance that often these days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Nah I just look at the results and the fact we are still 3rd in the league and still above Aberdeen,  but you batter in mate and fill your boots with negative shite, you don't get the chance that often these days

Not negative bud just look at the games without claret glasses on ,but hey let's enjoy while we can cause  there are probably more games like today to come shortly 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yodo said:

First decent team we have played since Celtic and once again we were found wanting all over the pitch .Why is Seedorf getting a start offered nothing and very little in recents game .Probably Alan Campbell's worse game this season and Polworth well enough said . Big bit in the Sun this morning about the scouting system unearthing gems well everyone of this season signings today were mince and the manager only has a plan A not a plan B in sight 

Yip that was a reality check on where we are today 

Have said it before and I’ll say it again Grimshaw will never make a right back in a million years 

Tait is wasted a left back

Seedorf is like playing with a man short ……  something special once every 3 games if we’re lucky not good enough

Young Scott still a work in progress and his head seemed to go down after penalty miss

When we come up against good experienced pros with agame plan we are found wanting

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I’m not blaming manager for the first. Physio asked him for 2 mins. McGuire was the stand in and he got beat. We got caught out because nobody was expecting long to loose the ball  and so we moved into attacking mode. Long lost the ball and Aberdeen caught us on the break. Second goal was just dreadful stuff. Then it was over.  So on to next week we go and hope for better. 

26 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

If you saw the incident the manager was screaming towards the physios asking if hartley needed subbed and they never noticed, that's what caused the delay. I agree Campbell's worst display for a long time. Usually very reliable but unusually for him lost possession so many times. Why Maguire was hooked instead of him is beyond me. Motherwell are true to form though. When its a game that counts we rarely turn up. We could have went 7 points clear but the heads went down after that rather casual penalty. Their goals were well taken. Their No 3 ran the show and ghosted past Motherwell players and bullied our midfield the whole game. For me the naivety is still there. We make such spectacular errors when all it needs is some calm heads and experience.

34 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Ah Yodo welcome back, that your weekend made.

55 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Perfect ........ hope we play well the next few game so we dont get to read ur pearls of wisdom. 

27 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Yip that was a reality check on where we are today 

Have said it before and I’ll say it again Grimshaw will never make a right back in a million years 

Tait is wasted a left back

Seedorf is like playing with a man short ……  something special once every 3 games if we’re lucky not good enough

Young Scott still a work in progress and his head seemed to go down after penalty miss

When we come up against good experienced pros with agame plan we are found wanting

To be honest I don't think anyone should be getting picked out this week.

We failed as a whole today, right through the starting XI and up to and including the manager.

Tough couple of weeks coming up.  Everyone will have to step up because today was a no show.

Thoroughly agree.  From the penalty miss we seemed to collapse and the whole team from goalkeeper out it was an awful performance. Perhaps Hartley's injury affected all as there was no calming influence around. Just hope this is not the start of a downward trend as we have a tough time coming up.

20 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We failed as a whole today, right through the starting XI and up to and including the manager.

Tough couple of weeks coming up.  Everyone will have to step up because today was a no show.

Pretty much this. Every player to a man chose to have their worst game of the season in the same game. That takes some doing. 

Add to that the fact that unlike St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hibs Aberdeen have players who can score when given the opportunity. 

Actually though big Bevis did OK when he came on. 

I actually wanted Long to start ahead of Cole but on that performance ? Seedorf is a luxury player but not sure we can afford such luxury. 

only Rangers away next. Couple b a cricket score if we play the same way. 

Not writing off the season on the basis of that performance but hopefully the kick up the backside the players needed. Robbo has done a good job but even he has to stop with the Polworth and Campbell for Scotland chat. Clearly going to their heads.....

Decent home crowd and same old outcome sadly. 

One of those days. When your best players all have stinkers, your most experienced defender goes off injured after you miss an early penalty, you get a feeling it's not your day. The way we conceded the first two goals summed it up. 

What I would say is Aberdeen's injury crisis maybe helped them. Lack of midfield options left them with two defenders or defensive minded players in there who nullified Polworth and Campbell. What I would also bear in mind while listening to the media wax lyrical about Mcinnes and how well he did in the situation, we were missing Dunne, Carroll, Donnelly, O'Hara and Turnbull today and lost Hartley during the game. A lot for a squad our size to take. And still a penalty miss away from being a very different game...

• Like 1

Fuck me.

I know it's a waste of time typing this but...

Look, what some people forget is that there are Motherwell fans all over the country and all over the globe who can't get to games. There is next to no coverage that we can follow because 99% of Scottish football focuses on the Old Firm.

I only saw our score after finishing work and I wanted to know how the game went. This place should be my best source of information.

Clearly, I wasn't expecting positivity; we got beat 3-0 at home. It's not about positivity or negativity. It never, ever has been, despite the absolute morons resorting to throwing "happy clapper" out at any opportunity. 

So what have I learnt about today's game or today's performance? Not much. Instead, the thread is dominated by three clowns who just, whatever they claim otherwise, raced on here to...

Ah, fuck it. What's the point?  I'll just have to make do with my own interpretation from a couple of minutes of YouTube highlights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Boy played 2 U21 games maybe that’s why he was a bit jaded it’s all about managing game time 

‘Unfortunately we have no one that can play in his position to give him a break 

Absolutely. We should have done an Aaron Hickey/Hearts and withdrawn him from the international games. The fact that we didn't cost us.  Hopefully we've learnt our lesson but I'm not convinced. We've taken one for the international squad.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Yep, spot on. 

Everyone just seemed off it today

Disappointing but it's going to happen with a relatively young and  new team.

A song as it doesn't  become a trend.