2019'20 Game 9: Aberdeen (H)

Andy_P

12 hours ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

Richard Tait was brought in as a Right Back and is a brilliant Right Back in my opinion. Cannot agree enough with you that he's wasted at left back.....

He's an honest trier I'll give you that, but he's definitely shaded this year and even when Carroll has played Grimshaw has been our first choice right back, a point made originally by OTF. Despite my early reservations, Carroll has looked decent when he's played but neither he nor Grimshaw are good defenders.  When they play, more often than not avoidable pressure is put on the central defenders and goalie. We do not have  a decent right back nor back up left back.

7 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

He's an honest trier I'll give you that, but he's definitely shaded this year and even when Carroll has played Grimshaw has been our first choice right back, a point made originally by OTF. Despite my early reservations, Carroll has looked decent when he's played but neither he nor Grimshaw are good defenders.  When they play, more often than not avoidable pressure is put on the central defenders and goalie. We do not have  a decent right back nor back up left back.

Don't get me started on the present day trend of preferring full backs who can attack and cross a ball over full backs that can cover and tackle.

It's rare you get a player like Joe Wark that is excellent at both, and I definitely prefer my full backs to make good defending their priority.

• Like 2