Casper Sloth ?

Mintymac

Does anyone know what the situation is with Casper Sloth . It’s all gone very quiet . 

If  it’s personal reasons then that’s absolutely fine it’s nobody business and the bloke is entitled to privacy and I would expect the club to honour that

However if it’s not that then what is the problem , unsettled ,unfit ,injury problems etc etc .

Was looking forward to see him play  and we certainly could do with his experience but for some reason so far it’s not to be .

We seem to sign at least one of these guys a year, who see once or twice before they disappear off the face of the earth. Don't want to speculate on the guy's situation because I know nothing about him but it seems to just be one of the risks you take in the transfer market nowadays.

2 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Lasley gave an update on him on last weeks mfc podcast. Niggling injuries and the form of other players has kept him out.

He is a midfielder  apparently so as we have been sadly lacking in quality in that department  at times this season, I wonder which in form players are keeping him out of the team, does not say much for his  ability.

9 games in and no sign of him, another Ross McCormack scenario I think

Seriously hope that things work out for Casper. If we can get him settled and happy, injury free and fit, then the evidence suggests that there is quality there that could be a real asset going forward. No point in rushing things and hope that when he gets his chance he grabs it.

We've had a few players over the years that struggled to initially make the step up to the tempo and intensity of the league - resulting a string of niggling injuries. Some, like Gorrin, work through it and make the grade. Others, like Newell can't seem to stay injury-free.

20 hours ago, Yassin said:

We seem to sign at least one of these guys a year, who see once or twice before they disappear off the face of the earth. Don't want to speculate on the guy's situation because I know nothing about him but it seems to just be one of the risks you take in the transfer market nowadays.

Problem is we probably didn't sign this guy for sweeties.

I'm guessing as a Danish international that's played at a good level he's probably one of our higher earners.

Some times there are unfortunate circumstances and every transfer has a risk element but I can't help feel for a club with not much money we squander rather a lot of it.

Over the last five seasons or so player turn over has been huge, and an awful lot of those players have contributed nothing.

I don't think our 'bang for buck' has been quite where it should have been over a period of time and it's something we should be looking to improve on.