2019'20 Game 12: Livingston (H)

Andy_P

Tale of two keepers today.

Livvie keeper has let a shot go straight through him for the first goal.  Then right at the end Gillespie had made another point saving stop.

You'll take it of course but I felt we were a little bit fortunate to get the win today and I suspect Livingston will be a wee bit disappointed to get nothing out of it.

Started very, very flat and although we had a lot of possession we didn't do a lot with it and Livingston looked the more likely of the two to score.

Got a big slice of fortune with the first goal (second time this week) but if you can get shots on target these things happen.  For Livingston's penalty I didn't get a great view but it looked clumsy from Cole.

Thereafter it was fairly even and the game pepped up a bit.  Though we improved notably when James Scott came on to replace the ineffective Cole who I don't think should start if he's being played wide.

Overall we were a bit laboured today but we kept at it and didn't revert to hoofball which is a big tick from me.

55 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Anyone else think Coles reaction to the challenge made up the officials mind? He basically stopped and waited for the whistle 

Quite possibly. It was certainly a great example of a forward trying to defend.

Just the kind of shitfest many feared but we scraped it where last year we would have dropped points. No sympathy for the visitors, who worked the referee well but had little creativity. Having said that, I still feared the last-minute sickener from them.

Hylton should be fined for his pathetic dive and his replacement Seedorf produced the wee bit of confusion to allow Campbell to hit the winner. 

Six points on fine margins from the last four days so delighted.