GregyScotland

Stadium and training ground back on agenda

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Any increase in the local population will hopefully help attendances in the long term. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:56 PM, Onthefringes said:

How very... parochial.

We’ve moved before and done alright.

When?  In 1895?

The club had played two seasons of league football back then.

15 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

When?  In 1895?

The club had played two seasons of league football back then.

Point none the less valid. It was more about embracing change.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, daver said:

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Any increase in the local population will hopefully help attendances in the long term. 

Aye, when the Ravenscraig loyal and Ravenscraig CSC fill the south stand.

I think it would probably take some sort of wealthy benefactor to put up the money, probably on the understanding they get the Fir Park land when we move out.

Which even allowing for this benefactor being out there would be a massive gamble that they could break even or close to it...

I don’t imagine the planning and execution of such a hypothetical plan would be done in a few months either.

Anything over and above your basic concrete soulless stadium probably ramps up the costs quite quickly.

My three must haves would be:

4 sides

grass pitch

safe standing for home and away fans.

• Like 1

"Wealthy Benefactor" is the financial model we just spent a few years trying to move away from.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

"Wealthy Benefactor" is the financial model we just spent a few years trying to move away from.

Exactly.

Not saying it’s s good idea.

Can’t think of another way of coming up with £50 million though....

Just play games at the Duchy Park. None of this messing around with paying Architects and building stands nonsense. 

• Like 4

I honestly couldn't care less about a safe standing area, suppose it would save some money but other than that it doesn't interest me in the slightest, does it really add or subtract from the match day experience/atmosphere. I don't think so. Parkhead doesn't all of a sudden have a better atmosphere cause a few thousand fans can stand, same goes for Dortmund.

Grass and four stands is a must, Ideally down the scandanavian route if possible.

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

I honestly couldn't care less about a safe standing area, suppose it would save some money but other than that it doesn't interest me in the slightest, does it really add or subtract from the match day experience/atmosphere. I don't think so. Parkhead doesn't all of a sudden have a better atmosphere cause a few thousand fans can stand, same goes for Dortmund.

Grass and four stands is a must, Ideally down the scandanavian route if possible.

That's fine. You don't need to stand in a safe standing area if that doesn't interest you.  I doubt sitting behind the goal is some fans choice at games. I doubt some want to be sat in the vicinity of a vociferous section full of Bois or others the more sedate setting of the centre stand.

But it would seem sensible to cater for as many preferences as possible when you have the opportunity to build something from scratch no?

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

That's fine. You don't need to stand in a safe standing area if that doesn't interest you.  I doubt sitting behind the goal is some fans choice at games. I doubt some want to be sat in the vicinity of a vociferous section full of Bois or others the more sedate setting of the centre stand.

But it would seem sensible to cater for as many preferences as possible when you have the opportunity to build something from scratch no?

Agree entirely, the atmosphere at Parkhead benefits massively from it. Intrigued to see how it works out at Killie, which is probably a better indicator as to how it would go for us.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

Agree up to a point, though of course if you don't do a good job of estimating how many people will be interested in what, you risk ending up with bits of the ground that nobody really wants to use.