End of the beginning for Well

Lan_Lad

Motherwell chief executive Alan Burrows says "this is just the end of the beginning" after the fan-owned club announced they are virtually debt-free.

Payments of around £1.5m have been repaid to former owners John Boyle and Les Hutchison, who helped facilitate the Well Society's 2016 takeover.

In the region of £80,000 is still owed through loans to five fans.

"It's very important now for nobody to rest on their laurels, for no-one to put the tools away," Burrows said.

Burrows has revealed one of the options that may now be explored is the possibility of moving away from the club's home at Fir Park.

The Lanarkshire club have resided on the site since 1895 but must consider the costs of maintaining a stadium that was largely redeveloped in the mid 1990s.

"I think everything has to be on the table," Burrows said. "We have got to look to always try our best to keep up with modern standards, both in terms of training ground and a stadium.

"From my own point of view, I have been working within the ground for a long period of time. We are now in 2019 and the stadium probably has to be a debate and a question that is put on the agenda quite high in the not too distant future. A training ground goes without saying.

"We have a really good facility at Dalziel Park, but we need to look at how we can either develop that or somewhere else to try to take the club to the next level."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50273546

Edited by Andy_P
Duplicate Thread

• Andy_P locked this topic