2019'20 Game 13: Celtic (A)

Andy_P

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

4-1 Celtic, we’ve got no chance.

Slim chance but not no chance.

I remember going in there after they'd beaten Barcelona the game before and had to chuck on Larsson to help rescue a point against us.  Maybe we'll be able to take advantage of some post European weariness on Sunday.

They might be going for however many titles in a row but I always feel marginally more confident of sneaking something in there as opposed to Ibrox.

My fat human refuses to go to the Tattiedome these days. The fact it is on the Sabbath with the accompanying public-travel hassles of that day to these distant parts means it is probably a dodgy stream for us.

Really disappointed to miss the pre-match poppies, Last-Post, and minute's silence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellowell said:

I’m sure Donnelly is suspended so won’t be same team as Ibrox 

That worries me, as I suspect it would be Maguire that would come in. He looked good against st mirren but that was a team who didn’t put him under a lot of pressure when he was on the ball. He looked well out of his depth against Aberdeen I felt. 

4 hours ago, FJ-94 said:

That worries me, as I suspect it would be Maguire that would come in. He looked good against st mirren but that was a team who didn’t put him under a lot of pressure when he was on the ball. He looked well out of his depth against Aberdeen I felt. 

Regardless, I think the main thing is not to mess players around positionally but take your ibrox formation and just replace Donnelly with whoever you think can do the best job I that role. 

23 hours ago, Yodo said:

Would like our players to gather together before the kick off and tell the ref they would like to pay their respects to the war dead  .Lets see how that goes down .

To a torrent of abuse, probably. Sectarian abuse? Right, game abandoned, 3-0 win for the Mighties. (Simples!)

1 hour ago, Cedric Silkyshag said:

To a torrent of abuse, probably. Sectarian abuse? Right, game abandoned, 3-0 win for the Mighties. (Simples!)

The SFA / SPFL would need to grow a set first to take action against either  of the ugly sisters, more chance of us winning by 5 or 6 than that happening 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, Yodo said:

Would like our players to gather together before the kick off and tell the ref they would like to pay their respects to the war dead  .Lets see how that goes down .

Why? Let fake political posturing and wet dreams about conflicts of the past remain the domain of both sides of the Old Firm. Let’s stick to football and not be dragged down to their level.

There is opportunity aplenty in other aspects of our lives to pay respect to our war heroes. Posturing undermines genuine sentiment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

Or maybe Sloth will put down his instagram account and play football instead. 

After reading this I had a wee peek at his IG and there's of course the usual freakshows in his comments demanding to know why he isn't playing etc. He replied to one of them a few days ago saying "don't ask me mate, I'm fit and ready."

The plot thickens....................

8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

With the international break right after this game we can afford to leave it all on the park. So let’s get organized and keep up the energy level the whole game and see if we can take something from this game. 

Normally, I would regard this game as a forgone conclusion but I have to agree with TWF: an all-out effort and an Italian Celtic hangover could just deliver us a draw or better.

If only Turnbull were available to slot home the 89th min. winner.....