2019'20 Game 13: Celtic (A)

Andy_P

10 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

So if you are expecting to win do you (or would you) normally bet a decent amount on us beating Celtic or rangers away? Say fifty quid.  If the answer is no then I’d hazard a guess that you also really don’t expect us to win. 

Thats not really the point  I've been making but as I said earlier Im starting to bore myself with this now so will leave it as it is 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

The question is did the team go onto the pitch wth any hope in their hearts or were they thinking we get out of here only losing 2 goals we have done well . ? 

Its the latter. The team selection should have told everyone what all they needed to know........damage limitation from the off. No bad injuries or red cards. From the highlights our old failings (midfield sitting too deep and full backs leaving flanks exposed) were once again exploited. Its not a game that'll define our season, so we move on.

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its the latter. The team selection should have told everyone what all they needed to know........damage limitation from the off. No bad injuries or red cards. Its not a game that'll define our season, so we move on.

I can't agree.

The team selection was one, as much as availability allowed, that replicated a formation which helped us take the lead away to a team that currently separated by goal difference from Celtic two weeks ago.  That had two forwards playing.  That was a minute away from going in at the break ahead and that only lost in the last 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

So why didn't he wear won?  Go on tell us.  

Anyway, any cunt who gives anyone a hard time about not wearing a poppy needs a good fucking kickin for being an absolute cunto

Going by the rest of your eloquent and well formed reply you omitted an "anycunt" here

Anyone who believes that story deserves to get your favourite word tattoo'd on their forehead

5 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Going by the rest of your eloquent and well formed reply you omitted an "anycunt" here

Anyone who believes that story deserves to get your favourite word tattoo'd on their forehead

So why did he refuse?  Was it because he was a Celtic fan and playing Celtic?

So in the space of a year (he wore one last year for Livingston) he's decided that if playing Celtic on Remembrance he wouldn't wear one(guess who Livingston played last year...) 

• Like 1

If you can understand the premise of a post (which I'd hope as you have a wee red moderator below your username) the posts wasn't commenting on the merits of wearing poppy or not, more the story released that it fell off.

But for the record yeah I think a certain percentage of our population are embarrassing in the same way I look at some posts on here as embarrassing.

34 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its the latter. The team selection should have told everyone what all they needed to know........damage limitation from the off. No bad injuries or red cards. From the highlights our old failings (midfield sitting too deep and full backs leaving flanks exposed) were once again exploited. Its not a game that'll define our season, so we move on.

Agreed

Grimshaw’s positional sense (or lack of it) cost us again 

The guy is never a full back

7 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Agreed

If you are referring  to the 2nd goal yes he let the player get in behind him, but was he to blame no, Tait was in a great position, got across well to block and or clear the ball in, no pressure  on him from another Celtic  player and he made a mess of it.

43 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Away ya pair of cunts 

What does this have to do with football? 

Gallagher was the best Motherwell player on the park (in my option), poppy or not. 

One of the reasons I support Motherwell is to get away from the political and bigoted nonsense that blights the Old Firm and much of the West of Scotland.

Seems you just can’t escape it no matter who you support which is far more depressing than a 2-0 defeat today.

30 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Good to see that the point of defeating Fascism was so we could force people to wear bits of paper 100 years later.

The point of defeating  fascism was to give people the right to choose to do what they wanted, ie wear a poppy or not, vote for Brexit etc so why cant we all just accept  the fact that there are different  opinions on everything  in life and everyone  is entitled  to there own, so let's all get along and enjoy the football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Like one of the other posters I also disagree with your perception of the team selection. I also think the fact that we continually pressed Celtic high up the park conflicts with your perception. Not to say I am right and you are wrong but your point is certainly up for discussion. Add to that the fact that our subs were all forward positions ending up with Seedorf, Scott and Hylton on the park indicates to me that we were trying to get something out of the game.  Yes there may be many things we can and should improve on but I am ok with the overall performance. For me we have only let ourselves down on 3 occasions this year. Hearts in league cup, Ross county and Aberdeen at home. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Agreed

Pray tell us where you think he should’ve been positioned that wouldn’t have cost us?

He’s very much fitting a modern full back style at the moment. Have a look at the bigger picture or game management as it’s termed. Offering much needed drive and energy he regularly serves as our only outball.