2019 Finances/AGM

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

Are the Training Facilities that much of a problem? We have Dalziel Park which  gives us fantastic outdoor facilities. Then Ravenscraig when the weather gets bad. Plus the Gym & Astro at the Stadium. 

It’s not just the pitches but the facilities at Dalziel aren’t actually the best, for a pro team anyway. 

Changing rooms, showers, gym etc are poor. Upgrading all of the above would be a massive benefit hence why most big teams have their own complexes and don’t hire them from essentially amateur teams. 

Whilst it would be great to have our own training facilities we need to be careful as you need to consider not just the cost of building but also maintaining.  It may take a few years but in time we would need to keep investing on upkeep as well as in the actual stadium whether at Fir Park or elsewhere. 

Very pleased with our current state, but as many have mentioned including opposing fans the real proof is when we suffer blips along the way. Listening to Robbo on today’s press conference it sounds like we are about to have a gap in terms of real prospects coming through from the youth set up - he actively refers to the under 14’s as having the next batch. So once Turnbull is sold assuming he is then we are probably reliant on player sales like Kipre and Moult from trading Lowe leagues - Gallacher possibly. 

As far as training facilities go, I would have thought a joint venture such as Hibs and Hearts run would make sense.

A tie in with Dalziel or a local college or the council could work. We only need access at specific times so would be financially more sustainable if someone else was benefitting from the facility and contributing to its upkeep.

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

As far as training facilities go, I would have thought a joint venture such as Hibs and Hearts run would make sense.

A tie in with Dalziel or a local college or the council could work. We only need access at specific times so would be financially more sustainable if someone else was benefitting from the facility and contributing to its upkeep.

Hibs have their own facilities at Tranent.

Tie in with Dalziel is what the club have had for over 20 years and hasn’t always worked. It’s a decent facility, just doesn’t meet the needs of a Premiership club. 

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Hibs have their own facilities at Tranent.

Tie in with Dalziel is what the club have had for over 20 years and hasn’t always worked. It’s a decent facility, just doesn’t meet the needs of a Premiership club. 

I appreciate we have tied in with Dalziel for a long time. My suggestion was that we should maybe look to assist in upgrading Dalziel or tying in with someone else in a joint venture rather than taking on all the costs of in a sole venture (I think Hearts are tied in with Herriot Watt University?)

Obviously the logistics / politics of that might not be advantageous, but  Im sure there are plenty of minds on our board smart enough to  explore all options and do whats best for the club.

12 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

debt appears in the balance sheet not profit and loss account - therefore repaying debt (early or otherwise) has no bearing on tax liability. 

So the monies paid out do not show as an expense on the Profit and Loss Account for the year  then? 

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I appreciate we have tied in with Dalziel for a long time. My suggestion was that we should maybe look to assist in upgrading Dalziel or tying in with someone else in a joint venture rather than taking on all the costs of in a sole venture (I think Hearts are tied in with Herriot Watt University?)

Obviously the logistics / politics of that might not be advantageous, but  Im sure there are plenty of minds on our board smart enough to  explore all options and do whats best for the club.

Your closing paragraph answers your own question.

Investing in Dalziel Is impractical. It’s managed by memorial/heritage trust  that wouldn’t relinquish any control to meet the requirements for our club given their main focus is their rugby interests. Suspect they’ll be strangled by their own constitution too.

Community hub facilities align with various funding opportunity streams - there are individuals placed at the club and society presently who know how to attract these to the clubs’ best advantage without joint venturing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Investing in Dalziel Is impractical. It’s managed by memorial/heritage trust  that wouldn’t relinquish any control to meet the requirements for our club given their main focus is their rugby interests. Suspect they’ll be strangled by their own constitution too.

Community hub facilities align with various funding opportunity streams - there are individuals placed at the club and society presently who know how to attract these to the clubs’ best advantage without joint venturing.

I think DHSFP FC and Hockey Club might have something to say about that.

Just now, Onthefringes said:

The Trust got their fingers burnt I think with the Dalziel Park deal so might be wary.

36 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

The Trust got their fingers burnt I think with the Dalziel Park deal so might be wary.

What Trust got their fingers burnt and in why way?

4 hours ago, superward said:

Whatever happened to that community/training pitch thing down behind the bull frog type of area?

Local amateur team associated with a former Celtic player got their Councillors in toe with them and got it thrown out on the basis that they wouldn’t have first dibs on the pitches