2019'20 Game 14: Hibernian (A)

Andy_P

Couldn't go fishing today as my pond was frozen over, so I've been recalling Easter Road memories (although there are a lot of blanks caused by alcohol consumption).

Not too many happy visits over the years, but I recall one of those "firsts" that Motherwell always seem to be caught up in.

Hibs were, I'm pretty sure, the first club in Scotland to install under-soil heating. They were certainly the first club with such a facility to have the game called off due to a frozen pitch: they forgot to turn the heating on the evening before.

Their supposed opponents? Yup.

——————-Gillespie 

Grimshaw——-Hartley—-Gallagher——Carroll

————————-Donnelly

————Campbell———-Polworth 

—Seedorf————Cole————-Long

Question marks on The right back slot and for me, if we had a replacement, there would be  A question mark Over Polworth after a completely inept performance at Celtic Park.

2 hours ago, Kmac said:

——————-Gillespie 

Grimshaw——-Hartley—-Gallagher——Carroll

————————-Donnelly

————Campbell———-Polworth 

—Seedorf————Cole————-Long

Question marks on The right back slot and for me, if we had a replacement, there would be  A question mark Over Polworth after a completely inept performance at Celtic Park.

Jesus christ.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Polworth has been poor since the last international break and has been completely falling out games in the second half. I probably wouldn't drop him yet but we should have a sub that can replace him unless he ups his game. 

Would be a good way to reintroduce Turnbull.......... if he ever regains fitness after the "minor" operation that has kept him out 4 months so far

22 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I assume you watched him as he acted as a spectator of Celtic players moving into our penalty box on a consistent basis?

So one bad game and we should drop our most creative player who helped boss Hibs the last time we played them?

Sounds like a plan.

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

He's not had just one bad game. He was terrible against Rangers and especially Aberdeen was very average against Kilie and Livi.

Luckily the rest of the team was on sparkling form against Aberdeen or we could easily have lost 2 or 3 nil.

And when we drop our most creative player, will you be on here begging for more creativity in the middle of the park whilst we have 10 assists sitting on the bench?

I'm not going to pick apart any of our players performances against either of the old firm, what's the point? the whole team was of the boil against Aberdeen, i wasn't at the Livi so can't comment. Against Killie though he played well, played the ball for the first goal, looked after possession well enough, considering killie played with 10 men behind the ball after the red card. To suggest dropping him, for me, is wild. 

17 hours ago, steelboy said:

He's not had just one bad game. He was terrible against Rangers and especially Aberdeen was very average against Kilie and Livi.

I've got mixed feelings about Polworth.  He's a footballer and a creative one at that so he's been an asset to the team. He is however lightweight and definitely struggles to make any impression against the better sides. Coming round to the view that he's probably a decent lower half Premiership player.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I've got mixed feelings about Polworth.  He's a footballer and a creative one at that so he's been an asset to the team. He is however lightweight and definitely struggles to make any impression against the better sides. Coming round to the view that he's probably a decent lower half Premiership player.

Behave - left to you we'd have a team of "Hammer Throwers". You really are obsessive about the physical aspect of football. He's been one of our success stories this term and long may Stephen Robinson see him in a different light to you and some others on here. He's not in the team to be physical - that's what others are there for :thumbup:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steelboy said:

Polworth has been poor since the last international break and has been completely falling out games in the second half. I probably wouldn't drop him yet but we should have a sub that can replace him unless he ups his game. 

A  measure of truth in that for me. I recollect in the last minute or two at Ibrox getting a corner and he looked so done in he didn't even get past it the first man which was pretty infuriating.  I also felt he could have done a little more to prevent the ball being swept wide in the lead up to Celtic's second.  Stuff like that tends to stick in your mind.

That said I don't think he's been particularly bad but I do agree whether it's through form, fitness or that the standard of opposition has been up a notch or two in some game he hasn't been just as effective as the first few months of the season.

Still one of the first names on the team-sheet for me currently though.

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

Behave - left to you we'd have a team of "Hammer Throwers". You really are obsessive about the physical aspect of football. He's been one of our success stories this term and long may Stephen Robinson see him in a different light to you and some others on here. He's not in the team to be physical - that's what others are there for :thumbup:

Well said sir!