Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

With the Fourth Round draw due today who do you fancy getting?

A wee trip to somewhere we've never been? Somewhere closer to home to increase the size of the support? Anyone at FP?

(I've omitted "Easy team anywhere" as this is Motherwell we're talking about.)

Mr. Ladbroke is anxiously awaiting my annual £50 donation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blakey said:

"And it's an all Premiership tie between (Enter name) and Motherwell/Motherwell and (enter name)."

As sure as night follows day.....

The actual facts are that we have drawn top flight sides 50% of the time the past 12 seasons. Still above average I would guess. Plus 5 home draws and 7 away. 

Quite sure it is on BBC Sportscene at 7ish 

Would like any side out with top 2 divisions for some excitement. Probably get Dundee United. 

2 hours ago, Blakey said:

"And it's an all Premiership tie between (Enter name) and Motherwell/Motherwell and (enter name)."

Hearts and Aberdeen are usually a fair bet for (Enter name). I'm sticking to my prediction (elsewhere) of Firhill.

O'Shellick v BSC Glasgow.

East Kilbride v Newrangers

No top flight ties, pretty interesting. Full draw...

St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic

Kilmarnock v Queen's Park

Heart of Midlothian v Airdrieonians

Alloa Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Livingston v Raith Rovers

Auchinleck Talbot/Arbroath v Falkirk

Dundee United v Hibernian

Ayr United v Ross County

Aberdeen v Dumbarton

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Clyde

St Johnstone v Greenock Morton/Brora Rangers

Hamilton Academical v Edinburgh City

Partick Thistle v Celtic

East Kilbride v BSC Glasgow

Dundee v Motherwell

Rangers v Stranraer

21 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The draw Could have been a whole lot better, ie a non league team at Fir park , but nothing to fear from  Dundee, so I think we will win this one.

I am not over confident, I know we should win this, but remember Dundee will be playing Competitive  Championship football in January when we will be in Tenerife or wherever.

as a matter of interest does anyone know when the last time there were no all premier league ties at this stage of the Scottish cup?

Aye, it's the one round where playing a Premiership team can be advantageous - like when we beat Accies. A Championship team pushing for promotion and in the middle of a competitive season, is a different challenge when you have been on a break.

Im sure (hoping) we and robinson have learned from last year v ross county when i and others had most despondent feeling in ages. I look forward to a big away crowd and same result as in 2011ish? when jamie murphy ran riot after a drive through the snow to get there. My youngest 1st scottish away day if i remember when he was 6. COYW.

Only Premier team that got a possibly tougher draw than us was Hibs and while you could say the same about Dundee, you know United definitely have full focus on promotion so might rest players. 

Tough draw when you compare it with the draws that Killie, Accies and St Mirren got.  One thing is certain: if we get through we're likely to get a Premier side given it's likely most if not all will get through...

Could have been worse.  

With 7 teams left in the draw Rangers, Celtic and us were still waiting to be picked.  In fact with three teams left Rangers and ourselves were still in the draw.

Even though we are away from home I think we are still favourites to go through.  Dundee are no great shakes.  The 'winter break' issue is a bit of a concern though.

That's old news. The most recent myth that I saw busted is "no better time to score a goal than just before half time".  A study of 1,179 Champions League and Europa League games proved that teams scoring just before half time fared 0.520 goals worse over the course of a game.

• Haha 2

My first thought was that we'd be moved to the Sunday (Utd out the hat first) but I think their game with Hibs is a TV certainty along with, um, Partick Thistle v Somebody.

Hope there's a quick decision so we can get a cheap train tickets. (And stock up on nappies: shitey pants game.)

Anybody know which channel has "first dibs"?

2 hours ago, Cedric Silkyshag said:

My first thought was that we'd be moved to the Sunday (Utd out the hat first) but I think their game with Hibs is a TV certainty along with, um, Partick Thistle v Somebody.

Hope there's a quick decision so we can get a cheap train tickets. (And stock up on nappies: shitey pants game.)

Anybody know which channel has "first dibs"?

Premier will take the OF Games. I'd bet BBC taking Dundee United Hibs to Friday night and possibly our game for the other.

Edit: If Auchenleck get through, probably that for an early Saturday morning game.