Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

12 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I wonder what's more likely, Danny Johnson scoring against us or Weeyin reminding everyone that it's a myth that former players always score against us before the game.

Surely after Dom Thomas and Steven Lawless scored against us in consecutive games a few weeks ago, he can't trot that one out for a wee while........

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Surely after Dom Thomas and Steven Lawless scored against us in consecutive games a few weeks ago, he can't trot that one out for a wee while........

To be fair, that patter is usually "come back to haunt us".   Given we won both of those games, it was about as haunting as Rentaghost.

I'd be delighted if Danny Johnson's team was as scary as that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

Used to love 3rd round Scottish Cup games - particularly away days. Big support, lots of alcohol, great atmosphere. Telly is just killing it for me now. 20 past 7 on a Saturday night? - they can stick that, no money through the turnstile from me.

IIRC last time we played them up there in cup it was on TV.  Leigh Griffiths got sent off.

Yeah, used to be if I went to one away game that would always be it. Remember some great crowds at these games.

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

IIRC last time we played them up there in cup it was on TV.  Leigh Griffiths got sent off.

Yeah, used to be if I went to one away game that would always be it. Remember some great crowds at these games.

Did Griffiths play that day in 2018? My abiding memory of that game, apart from Craig Tanner scoring was that the "official" away crowd was considerably less than everyone associated with MFC recollected. Must have been the Dundee air.

Given the utterly ridiculous kick off time I'd expect our support to be about 800 400.  Most fans have no cause for complaint though. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Given the utterly ridiculous kick off time I'd expect our support to be about 800 400.  Most fans have no cause for complaint though. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Around 1500 last year. Whilst I appreciate the unusual kick off time, I’d factor in lack of a football fix for the month & it being Scottish Cup duty for our support Remaining respectable regardless of tv coverage.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Did Griffiths play that day in 2018? My abiding memory of that game, apart from Craig Tanner scoring was that the "official" away crowd was considerably less than everyone associated with MFC recollected. Must have been the Dundee air.

Was in 2011 when Griffiths got sent off.  Was year we got the final

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

No one has a problem going to Paisley tonight and 7 whatever on a Saturday is easier to make than 7:45 on a weeknight.

The appeal of the Cup and the novelty factor will see a healthy crowd.

29 minutes ago, steelboy said:

No one has a problem going to Paisley tonight and 7 whatever on a Saturday is easier to make than 7:45 on a weeknight.

The appeal of the Cup and the novelty factor will see a healthy crowd.

I agree. I get that a 7:20pm KO time will put some people off - that and it being on BBC.....but this will be 1st game back after 3 weeks and a decent accessible (within reason) City.  Also a bit of a novelty which actually may guarantee a bigger turnout.  I reckon we will see 1000+ 

I am intending to do an overnight and make a day / afternoon of it assuming the weather does not mess with those plans.  Looking forward to it already..

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

Fine if you're driving. Not so simple if you take the train as I doubt there will much happening after 9pm.

There are never really big numbers on the trains and very few people who would go by train who can't switch to a car or supporters bus.

I don't think that will have any impact on our support.

• 2 weeks later...