Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

On 1/19/2020 at 9:20 PM, Yorkyred said:

Need to be pretty close due to Stephen’s Cerebral Palsy. We always arrive at games early. If anyone can name a suitable street that may be available an hour before kick off I would appreciate it.

Surrounding streets were full last time so we parked in the Stadium car park . Costs a fiver but it was ideal, straight out and on to the motorway 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, Lobey_Dosser said:

Other then Dundee in the Ciftci season, it feels like a while since we last had a 3pm cup away day. Think we’ll take well in excess of 2,000 if we get the allocation. 

Fully supportive of the year we got to cup finals being referred to exclusively as the "Ciftci season" from now on tbh.

• Like 4

I forgot to say this at the time but the commentary for our game against Dundee was absolutely fucking abysmal. The main commentator was okay but the guy next to him (was it Billy Dodds?) was horrific to listen to. He could barely string a sentence together. It makes a mockery of our game.

The premiership has Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher with decent insight and a bit of passion. The commentary up here is an absolute joke in comparison and the BBC need to give a fuck and fix it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I forgot to say this at the time but the commentary for our game against Dundee was absolutely fucking abysmal. The main commentator was okay but the guy next to him (was it Billy Dodds?) was horrific to listen to. He could barely string a sentence together. It makes a mockery of our game.

Its not just the commentators unfortunately. After the game on Saturday, Richard Gordon and his cronies were discussing at some length what programmes Neil Lennon would be watching on TV on Sunday afternoon. Thats despite an almost full Scottish football card on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

The premiership has Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher with decent insight and a bit of passion. The commentary up here is an absolute joke in comparison and the BBC need to give a fuck and fix it. 

Totally agree,  it is amateur stuff up here in comparison to the premiership in England.

Very few Scottish pundits actually worth listening to.

I think the BT Coverage is light years ahead of anything else up here. Sutton is a wind up merchant but he does make valid points, Craggs is probably the best pundit we have here up here and the anchor, Currie is ok. The Richard Gordon / Packie Bonner / Michael Stewart / Stephen Thompson / Billy Dodds gang are all pish and an embarassment

5 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Totally agree,  it is amateur stuff up here in comparison to the premiership in England.

Very few Scottish pundits actually worth listening to.

I must be listening to different pundits in the Premiership, because the one on Sunday obviously didn't understand the new handball rules, and barely a week goes by without one of them thinking that "getting a piece of the ball" somehow means it can't be a foul.

The BBC Scotland pundits are pretty poor too - but that's what happens when you slash budgets. It's no surprise the better ones are on Sky or BT Sport (or in the US, NBC Sports) where they spend more money.

Fortunately much like fanzines when they came along, blogs the explosion of podcasts in recent times means there is a wealth of really good material on football be it Scottish, English, European or whatever that means you can skim over/ignore the output that doesn't take your fancy on radio or TV. 

I accept there is a desire for immediate discussion of a game and reaction from the key players  following its conclusion that virtually no pod can provide but give it 24/48 hours and there's loads of stuff that will keep you occupied enough to ensure you won't feel too bad about missing Derek Ferguson's latest insight on what a great wee club Accies are. 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/01/27/st-mirren-cup-tickets-on-sale/

ST MIRREN CUP TICKETS ON SALE

12:55
St Mirren cup tickets on sale

Tickets for our William Hill Scottish Cup match at St Mirren are now on sale.

The match will be played on Saturday, 8 February with a 3pm kick-off.

Tickets are available to buy online now for season ticket holders only. Each season ticket holder is entitled to buy one ticket.

Well Society members are also entitled to one ticket per membership. Please call on 01698 333333 or visit the ticket office to get your ticket.

Collection and in-person sales are available at Fir Park, or you can choose delivery at the online checkout.

Adults £20
13-17 year olds/Over 65s/Disabled/Unemployed £10
Age 12 and under £5

Fans will be housed in the north stand behind the goal. We have been given an allocation of 1,600.

Please note that although tickets will have a printed seat number on them, this will not be enforced on the day and supporters will be free to sit in any vacant seat.

A general sale will be started on Monday, 3 February if required.

We asked St Mirren to consider the possibility of opening further sections to away supporters, but were informed that this would not be possible. There will be no additional tickets made available.

BOOK A BUS TO THE GAME

We’re also offering a bus direct from Fir Park to the stadium for the game.

Priced at £7.50, you can also book your place online now or call 01698 333333. The Cooper Bar will be open beforehand for food and drink from 12pm, with an expected departure time of 2pm.

I WANT TO BUY FOR MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS

It’s easy to buy multiple tickets using our online system. All you need to have to hand is the season ticket details of the other people you want to buy for.

Our guide on how to set up your network can be found here.

23 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Fortunately much like fanzines when they came along, blogs the explosion of podcasts in recent times means there is a wealth of really good material on football be it Scottish, English, European or whatever that means you can skim over/ignore the output that doesn't take your fancy on radio or TV. 

Indeed. To be honest, I couldn't generally care less what anybody on the telly thinks about a game I'm watching, however "good" the pundits are.

on the topic of tickets, seen a few comments along the lines of shambles, fucking joke, bit poor, I think the club have done the right thing here, what else are they supposed to do. You can guarantee the same people, if indeed they had season tickets, missed out on a ticket because there was nothing in place to prevent your average punter picking one up would be raging. Season ticket holders should get first dibs. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

I think the BT Coverage is light years ahead of anything else up here. Sutton is a wind up merchant but he does make valid points, Craggs is probably the best pundit we have here up here and the anchor, Currie is ok. The Richard Gordon / Packie Bonner / Michael Stewart / Stephen Thompson / Billy Dodds gang are all pish and an embarassment

Craggs is definetly the best when covering Scottish football without being biased, despite not many people liking Chris Sutton him and Craggs are definetly a good pairing and our answer to Carragher and Neville.  

Quite like BT's coverage of Scottish football in general which is way better than Sky who tend to talk the Scottish game down unless they are talking about two teams from Glasgow. 

23 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

on the topic of tickets, seen a few comments along the lines of shambles, fucking joke, bit poor, I think the club have done the right thing here, what else are they supposed to do. You can guarantee the same people, if indeed they had season tickets, missed out on a ticket because there was nothing in place to prevent your average punter picking one up would be raging. Season ticket holders should get first dibs. 

Seen a fair bit of moaning about the tickets goin to ST/WS members first too which I just don't understand either.

I have also noticed a few comments almost demanding we get more of the stadium. Real OF type behaviour.

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Seen a fair bit of moaning about the tickets goin to ST/WS members first too which I just don't understand either.

I have also noticed a few comments almost demanding we get more of the stadium. Real OF type behaviour.

Agreed, I have since signed up to the well Society in order to get a ticket, which I now have. I get a ticket, the club get X amount out of me every month everyone's happy. it's not as though there aren't ways around it. 

the Extra seating stuff is nonsense, nothing more needs said on the matter. Would be gutted if I were to be one of the fans that missed out on a ticket right enough, should be a right good day.

New St Mirren Park has a capacity of 8000. The 1600 tickets allocated is 20% as required by the competition guidelines. If St Mirren can sell 6400 (which isnt a ridiculous notion)  good luck to them. They owe us nothing in that regard.  That being the case, Im not sure how folk think the club should distribute the tickets if its not through season tickets and Well Society memberships? Season ticket holders are also able to buy online (Society members have to telephone) so there is an emphasis on those going every week having easiest access to tickets. Not sure what else the club could have done to please people.

32 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

New St Mirren Park has a capacity of 8000. The 1600 tickets allocated is 20% as required by the competition guidelines. If St Mirren can sell 6400 (which isnt a ridiculous notion)  good luck to them. They owe us nothing in that regard.  That being the case, Im not sure how folk think the club should distribute the tickets if its not through season tickets and Well Society memberships? Season ticket holders are also able to buy online (Society members have to telephone) so there is an emphasis on those going every week having easiest access to tickets. Not sure what else the club could have done to please people.

There is nothing else, can’t understand what people are moaning about. When you buy a season ticket you are making a commitment to the club whether it be a good or a bad season. You’ve splashed the cash in advance and one of the benefits is first dibs in popular games. If anyone wants that then you buy a season ticket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

Craggs is definetly the best when covering Scottish football without being biased, despite not many people liking Chris Sutton him and Craggs are definetly a good pairing and our answer to Carragher and Neville.  

Quite like BT's coverage of Scottish football in general which is way better than Sky who tend to talk the Scottish game down unless they are talking about two teams from Glasgow. 

The best thing about Sky Sports Scottish Football Coverage is Hayley McQueen ooft

On 1/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

It's funny, majority of my mates are Rangers fans with more than a few thinking Craggs is a terrible pundit - most likely because he has no OF affiliation to tend to.

By contrast they all rate McCoist very highly as a pundit. I think he can occasionally come across as funny/sincere, but 9 times out of 10 just sounds like an absolute muppet.