Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

13 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Agreed, this was the boot up the arse required. Took the £20 a month option to make up for it.

Welcome to our Society.

In a few days you will receive the secret scrolls that explain the meaning of the paint on the stairs in the East Stand and a map of the tunnels between the Phil O'Donnell Stand and The Electric Bar.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

Between 2,000 + 2,500 in Nancy. Think we had an official allocation of 1900

I was at work and kept pressing refresh on the Nancy town square webcam as I jealously watched the Motherwell fans gather. In my memory there was about 250,000 gathered there!!!! It was a beautiful sight!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, star sail said:

I was at work and kept pressing refresh on the Nancy town square webcam as I jealously watched the Motherwell fans gather. In my memory there was about 250,000 gathered there!!!! It was a beautiful sight!

I wasn't there, so all I remember is how poorly we played - thanks in large part to the gaffer going into "overthinking it" mode which he did from time to time. 

I notice that although the tickets have seat numbers printed on them that strict seating arrangements will not be enforced. In other words, "sit where you want".  This is on our official website. For once common sense has broken out!  I'm normally a stickler for sitting in your allocated seat as fans do tend to buy tickets to sit beside family and friends (very late arrivals excepted) but I've no problem with this change. I don't like the attitude "I'm bigger than you are/there are more of us than there are of you" so I'm not shifting.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter what the arrangements are so as long as they are made quite clear beforehand and its made clear if they'll be consistently enforced or not as the case may be . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, star sail said:

I just remember being at the head of the March wi my Dad & Wee Sister, just behind the Piper, and as we got to the Shoogly Bridge across the river to the Stadium, I stopped and looked back and it looked like there was about 10,000 there. The march mustve been 400-500m long and as wide as the street, it was glorious. And We were some of the Well contingency in the Nancy end as well.

On a side note, in the ground I witnessed one of the funniest things Ive ever seen. Just after Half Time, some wee fanny was stumbling up the stairs then stood swaying around shouting to anyone that was interested "This Sans Alcohol is fuckin brilliant, am fuckin steamin!" Then a guy behind him stood up and shouted "Sans means nae Alcohol ya wee Fud so sit doon and stop yer pish". The wee guy was crestfallen 

• Like 1

We've played poorly in the last few games and mistakes have been made off the field so serious questions do need to be asked. However we've not become a poor team overnight.  So no cause to panic let's go into the cup game up for a contest. No reason to be pessimistic.

1 hour ago, gilmour said:

I was super excited about this now I’ve just got the fear. Gave tonight a miss, didn’t even follow on  phone. But Sat v Livi is hard to shake just how bad we really were I’m talking Malpas stuff so bad 

We weren't terrible tonight tbh. Made a decent fist of it for the first hour or so with no final ball. Legs went and Celtic scored two screamers.

Since our return we have

Despatched Dundee easily in Cup.

Gave a gutsy battling display to win 3 points in Aberdeen.

Competed very well against an improving Hibs team and could easily have earned 3 points. 

Played shit on a plastic pitch and got what we deserved.

Went toe to toe with the treble treble winners and should have gone in at half time at least level. Ran out of steam second half and succumbed to a team far superior to us in every way.

Struggling to see where this implosion in our form is?

If we turn up on Saturday we win. And I dont just mean the team......

• Like 5

Just now, Orinoco said:

We were awful against livi  and poor 2nd half tonight, but weve been decent since the return. So hardly a few poor performances. What mistakes have been made off field?

Some team selections, formations, tactics and substitutions. Although January is a difficult window we have failed to sign an out and out striker - also a mistake last summer. I'm not having a go at Robbo incidentally as he's a young inexperienced manager.  The Accies games was a shocker and despite a break we've struggled to recover. 

On the plus side, we're still in 3rd and will finish in the top 6. Relegation is not an issue. The players too must stand up and be counted as we enter a string of more winnable games starting on Saturday.

Sorry i dont agree that we have failed to recover after the accies game. I refer you to jowarks... post. We dont know the ins and outs of our recruitment in the last couple of windows, so i dont know how you know for sure mistakes were made. Every club is looking for a 20 goal striker. Theres not many about it seems. I could argue that given our position and 4th top goalscorers our recruitment has been a reasonable success.

As for team selections and tactics , hindsight is a wonderful thing. Again  tho we have got it right most times this season, hence our 41 points. Yes there will be the odd hicup, thats what we do. Every manager gets it wrong at some point. Its the nature of the game, but in our current position i think its silly to say serious questions need to be asked.