Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

I point this out ever single game we play. Grimshaw always tries to tuck in and always, and I mean every single game, leaves their winger no matter what team with hundreds of room. They invariable always have plenty of time to receive the ball, turn and run at our defence. Dont know how many times Gallagher has had to come out and cover for Grimmy

Not just Grimshaw. It’s the exact same on the other side. Must be team orders

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Tough draw if we make it through but could have been worse

Could have been a LOT worse. Although I wonder if we play better away from home these days. Still need to win the replay but short of having ICT or possibly St Johnstone that is probably best we could hope for. On paper Hearts but glad we avoided them. 
Nice to get a home tie for a change. 

3 hours ago, Well Well said:

I point this out ever single game we play. Grimshaw always tries to tuck in and always, and I mean every single game, leaves their winger no matter what team with hundreds of room. They invariable always have plenty of time to receive the ball, turn and run at our defence. Dont know how many times Gallagher has had to come out and cover for Grimmy

The fact that it continues to happen and players don't get dropped suggests to me that the manager wants our full backs to tuck in...

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Decent draw but one tie at a time, older readers will remember 1987 when we had hearts home in quarter final replay with winners playing st Mirren in semi....fir park jumping with about 15,000 there......sadly we had John Gardiner in goal and lost in extra time......ahhhh painful memories 

I don't remember much about that game, but I remember the extra time goal.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, steelboy said:

This should be a good motivator for the replay. A home QF is a great carrot.

I think I read that all four QFs are on TV so we might get the Saturday night slot again.

Yeah you're correct. Two games on Premier Sport (Obviously they will pick Old Firm as I think they have first pick of games) then the other two matches on BBC. 

51 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Decent draw but one tie at a time, older readers will remember 1987 when we had hearts home in quarter final replay with winners playing st Mirren in semi....fir park jumping with about 15,000 there......sadly we had John Gardiner in goal and lost in extra time......ahhhh painful memories 

Thanks Grizzly, I had buried that particular memory in the darkest recesses of my mind! :P

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Nearly gave myself a heart attack yelling at Gardiner that night.

• Sad 1