Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Cedric Silkyshag

Fair play with the spirited comeback, credit to manager and players for almost turning it round. Failure to beat St Mirren over 210 minutes though underlines the lack of quality in the squad. 

On the bright side, don’t need to worry about any Hampden disappointment with Motherwell this season. I can leave that to Scotland...

Out the cup because of a completely unacceptable first half performance. 

Our first 45 minutes was a disgrace.  Even in the first five minutes there must have been 10 misplaced passes and players looked like they didn't care a jot.  No doubt Hartley and Mugabi will get a lot of grief and I'm certainly not going to defend them but you defend as a team and we were all over the place for that half.  As I said at half time we didn't even have a shape or set up with two banks defending, the full backs and the midfield need to take a big share of the blame, they were totally unprofessional.  

The comeback, as welcome as it was, was on the fortuitous side (two wayward crosses and a deflection) but even then we looked dodgy when St Mirren were on the ball and I think a couple of our penalties are still in the air.

Fair play to Tait and especially O'Hara who at least came on and looked interested.

We crossed over into unacceptable territory tonight, big changes needed for Saturday.

• Like 2

After the first half we served up we really deserved nothing. I would say though that St Mirren were also pretty dire. Hartley in my opinion needs to consider his role as his stewardship is quite poor to be honest.  

The comeback was impressive though but in the penalty shootout we were so poor. Goalkeepers frustrate the life out me with how often they seem to be on the flaming deck before the player has even hit the ball.

On a side note, does anyone know about the ruckus in the Fir Park club before game?

Jeez, where do I start.   1st half absolute embarrassment and a lot of players dire but Hartley should  be nowhere near first team, living off his first 3 months at club and Gallagher carried him.  2nd half superb fightback with donnelly. And o'hara immense with ..tait...Polworth and watt very good.   Then to pens and 3 shocking misses.....I hate short run ups and knew Hylton would miss....another player nowhere near good enough.   Anyway we move on and with 4 bottom teams next we  need to pick up form.   Ps. Very disappointing seeing trouble before game, this is becoming a regular occurrence and myself amongst a lot others are sick of it.  If you are only interested in a punch up then away and support someone else 

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The January window killed us. Thank you Burrows. 

The point is not without its merits.  Although it lies more at those responsible for recruitment rather than our CEO.

Manzinga and Mugabi are easily 2 of the worst footballers I've ever seen.  Neither should be anywhere near a professional football team.

We needed a striker, we signed another 2 wingers.  

Arguably we should have been in for another centre half and a full back.  Though we've got a winger on trial so that should sort those issues out...

• Like 2

Just now, Burn_Broomfield said:

The point is not without its merits.  Although it lies more at those responsible for recruitment rather than out CEO.

Mazinga and Mugabi are easily 2 of the worst footballers I've ever seen.  Neither should be anywhere near a professional football team.

Arguably we should have been in for another centre half and a full back.  Though we've got a winger on trial so that should sort those issues out...

To be fair to mazinga.....the 3 attempted clearances in a row is something you cant coach!!! Heh he

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

The point is not without its merits.  Although it lies more at those responsible for recruitment rather than our CEO.

Manzinga and Mugabi are easily 2 of the worst footballers I've ever seen.  Neither should be anywhere near a professional football team.

I don't disagree, but it's hard to find any kind of quality that's available in January. Especially for free.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

After tonight we better be getting in Jim McLean to sort out Declan Gallagher's contract.

I think Gallagher is so good, the rest of defence has been getting away with it. Tonight made it even more obvious what a player he is.

• Like 1