Jump to content

Cedric Silkyshag

Scottish Cup 2019 - 2020

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard how the closed door game went against Hibs yesterday?

1-0 hibs I think


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I make this up, or was there not meant to be a set of discounted prices for this game if you bought in advance? My dad was up collecting tickets today and got charged the full whack, and the website now says it’s same prices in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Did I make this up, or was there not meant to be a set of discounted prices for this game if you bought in advance? My dad was up collecting tickets today and got charged the full whack, and the website now says it’s same prices in advance.

I think you had to purchase before last Friday to receive the discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like everyone is fit apart from the usual suspects Turnbull and Dunne, as I do think we need a strong side against Dundee, I am still slightly concerned as I do think Dundee will have a go at us and with us undefeated in the last couple of years against them, this might be the game that they will turnaround their fortune against us, provided we have the correct attitude we should win though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed in the ticket section, the club are selling bus tickets for Bus number 3, there are two buses leaving from Club 100 as well. I know of another couple of buses running and i'd imagine the usual central branch buses will be going to. what sort of crowd do we think we will pull?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Noticed in the ticket section, the club are selling bus tickets for Bus number 3, there are two buses leaving from Club 100 as well. I know of another couple of buses running and i'd imagine the usual central branch buses will be going to. what sort of crowd do we think we will pull?

We are well known for big away supports in the Scottish Cup. With it being a saturday night too? Wouldnt be surprised with 1500+. Sure I read last week we had sold 800 tickets already

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see a huge departure from our usual lineups happening, unless someone has been crazy good/bad in training:

Gillespie

Grimshaw, Gallagher, Hartley, Carroll

Campbell, Donnelly, Polworth 

Long, Scott, Hylton 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw somewhere that had Robinson saying that Gillespie still has his spot on merit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I don’t see a huge departure from our usual lineups happening, unless someone has been crazy good/bad in training:

Gillespie

Grimshaw, Gallagher, Hartley, Carroll

Campbell, Donnelly, Polworth 

Long, Scott, Hylton 

 

This is the team I would go with. Robinson said Donnelly may not last the 90 minutes but I would start him and bring on Ohara if needs be. Plus give Ndjoli a run out at some point whether we are winning and probably definitely if we are losing. Would want to see him rather than Seedorf for example. 

I think Gillespie will start but he may well go with Carson. It seems like Robinson is resigned to Gillespie leaving especially if he is coming out with comments like Carson being No 1 next season. No issues with Gillespie trying to earn more and further his career. Would be nice if someone came in for him with even a small cash offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Would be nice if someone came in for him with even a small cash offer. 

Will probably end up like Randolph. Leave for free at the end of his contract then follow that up with a £5 million move and a £4 million move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, GazzyB said:

Is the game gonna be on MFC TV? If not are we likely to get a stream for it? I'll be in the US so no BBC access :(

Official Twitter saying the game will be on MFC TV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Gillespie got big decision because if he moves it has to be to a guaranteed first team place, mind you money talks

That would make sense, although Randolph's latest move is to be the backup at West Ham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weeyin said:

That would make sense, although Randolph's latest move is to be the backup at West Ham.

Very true, sums up premiership when paying £4 million for a 32yr old back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

This is the team I would go with. Robinson said Donnelly may not last the 90 minutes but I would start him and bring on Ohara if needs be.

Agreed Iain. Its worrying though that Donnelly might miss the closing stages especially if Dundee are throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at us. I'm not wholly convinced of him but we don't have any other 100% defensive midfielder. O'Hara is not a defensive player. Lets hope the team is 100% fit and up for a cup tie battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Agreed Iain. Its worrying though that Donnelly might miss the closing stages especially if Dundee are throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at us. I'm not 100% convinced of him but we don't have any other 100% defensive midfielder. O'Hara is not a defensive player. Lets hope the team is 100% fit and up for a cup tie battle. 

 I expect they have been training with tactics in mind to address this situation (maybe Campbell playing deeper, or Mugabi - or even Gallagher - taking over Donnelly's role).

Danny Johnson scoring a late consolation in our 4 - 1 win, however, isn't too much of  a concern :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shaka said:

We are well known for big away supports in the Scottish Cup. With it being a saturday night too? Wouldnt be surprised with 1500+. Sure I read last week we had sold 800 tickets already

1040 as at 2pm yesterday when I was in the ticket office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×