2019'20 Game 15: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

50 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Is Donnelly back for this game. Agree on at least 7 points if we are to be serious contenders for third. 

Time will tell, as he's been struck down by illness.  By all means we should try our damnedest for 3rd spot but I think 5th or 6th is a more realistic target.

I know I will be in the minority but I would like to give Carson have a game against St Johnstone, I am certainly not blaming Gillespie for any of the goals lately but I just find that his distribution of the ball has been not the best and if we are going to loose Carson in the summer when his contract is up,( I cannot see him signing another contract from us) it might be a good idea to put him in the shop window as we might get some money for him in January?

I would give Carson a start, I feel he’s the better of the two keepers and has been very patient, we miss Donnelly. No one is going to convince me there’s a decent team outside of Celtic and Rangers, it’s up for grabs for anyone who can put a run together. Top six however would be a great achievement regardless, ( I’m guessing everyone on here would have taken it if offered at the start of the season) and more than doable if we hold on to Robinson.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, texanwellfan said:

1-0 for us. Grimshaw with 30 yarder in 90+5

This is my bet for a Grimshaw goal, maybe not this weekend, but some time, followed by my head jettisoning from my shoulders and taking flight over the Lanarkshire sky.

It would need to take one hell of a deflection as the end of his trademark headless  chicken runs normally ends up with him facing the east stand or the main stand before losing the ball cheaply and being way out of position leaving us wide open on his side of the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Not much talk about the game. Perhaps all thinking that we should win this but not saying anything for fear of jinxing us ???

As always a tough game is in prospect. We should be looking to win this but wheterh we do or not is an entirely different matter.

Will Saints be awarded yet another penalty against us? No Murray Davidson this time round.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

As always a tough game is in prospect. We should be looking to win this but wheterh we do or not is an entirely different matter.

Will Saints be awarded yet another penalty against us? No Murray Davidson this time round.

Or Steve "Leave The Foot In" MacLean, for that matter, currently bumping along the bottom of the puddle that is Hearts reserves. I expect another nail-biter and a narrow 2-1 win for The Orgasmatrons (that's us, btw).

Looking furrit tae ma pie, tbh.