2019'20 Game 15: St Johnstone (H)

Andy_P

1 minute ago, Shaka said:

It must be shite being Liam Polworth. Leading goal assists in the league with Caley every season by a mile, with 1 or 2 goals of his own thrown in too, only to be moaned at because he often LOOKED Sad  & didnt like tackling much and now has something like 3 goals and 12 assists in 18 games for Us and is branded a lazy bastard luxury player we dont need. Mental

To be fair that’s the opinion of the usual suspect, not as far as I’m aware the supporter base in general.

Just now, Andy_P said:

The third came at just a the right time to knock the stuffing out them and the fourth the icing on the cake with a great build up and very composted and accurate finish from the debutant.

It's encouraging to see us do our bit for the environment and climate change when scoring. Seriously though, good post.

• Like 1

The first 15 minutes were eye bleedingly awful. Grimmy and Hartley passing to St Johnstone players twice each from 10 yards a away. 

We were well off the pace and may be explained by the illness affecting the squad according to Robbo. 

All that said winning 4-0 v St Johnstone is a rarity and to be able to post that scoreline and play off our best is very encouraging.  As a few have mentioned other teams would take advantage of the chances St Johnstone created but so what - they did not. 

lets hope we kick on again v St Mirren midweek. If we could get 7 points or more from this week it would be a v decent return. 

Ignore Yodo. You would think people would have learned by now.......

I didn't see or hear the game (was busy scoring worldies myself!) but the highlights were pretty entertaining considering what's been said about us on here. The set up play from Hylton for the first goal was class, he really is growing in confidence. Fourth goal was great, absolutely love the fact that despite being the 89th minute Campbell starts on his own penalty spot and is in their 18 yard box by the time Mazinga finishes. Very cool finish too.

Apparently St Mirren missed a last minute penalty today too, shame as that would've really narrowed the gap.

14 hours ago, Yodo said:

Polworth as he showed at Easter road is a luxury we can't afford in the team his work rate is zero .Yip hits a great corner can play a pass but first twenty minutes and only when the third goal went did he show after being utter dross 

Andy Ritchie, anyone? - the original human Subbuteo man you could bring on only to take corners and free-kicks.

11 hours ago, Electric Blues said:

On a slightly tangential note, today was my first visit to Fir Park for a while.  How long has the stadium announcer been coming out with that “the mighty” pish? It was jarring enough the first time, and by the tenth I was ready to go full postal. 

Careful what you wish for: he might bring back the "Go for good health be a winner as well" song.

OT: Apparently Mick Jagger was furious the first time his popular beat combo was introduced as "The greatest rock n' roll band in the world".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, David said:

I was also dismayed by that comment, but then I realised who had made it and the world suddenly made sense again.

I guess many of the comments are attention seeking simply because at times they are so daft. And yes many of us react which is the aim at the time.

21 hours ago, ropy said:

What if people posted their opinion of Yodo?

Lazy, unhappy poster. A luxury the forum can't afford. Offload in the transfer window. May find his level at Accies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I feel like half of this forum are genuinely unaware of the concept of a creative midfielder. I'll accept that some of our recent examples- Bigi etc- haven't been good enough but folk seem totally bewildered at the idea of a guy who's primary job isn't running about kicking people.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yassin said:

I feel like half of this forum are genuinely unaware of the concept of a creative midfielder. I'll accept that some of our recent examples- Bigi etc- haven't been good enough but folk seem totally bewildered at the idea of a guy who's primary job isn't running about kicking people.

Well said sir, we were discussing him during the game yesterday and, whilst I agree that he wasn't having his best game, he didn't hide and he was still trying to play the correct ball instead of bailing out with a negative pass or treating it like a hot potato. I'll take him over quite a few of the "midfield maestros" we have watched recently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grumpy said:

Well said sir, we were discussing him during the game yesterday and, whilst I agree that he wasn't having his best game, he didn't hide and he was still trying to play the correct ball instead of bailing out with a negative pass or treating it like a hot potato. I'll take him over quite a few of the "midfield maestros" we have watched recently.

But how much of an influence did he really have in many games ? Yes he could knock it around but it often ended up going nowhere. Did we get it wrong letting him go to Hibs, how many games did he end up playing for them ?

16 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

But how much of an influence did he really have in many games ? Yes he could knock it around but it often ended up going nowhere. Did we get it wrong letting him go to Hibs, how many games did he end up playing for them ?

Think he's referring to Polworth and using Bigi as an example of a similar type of player.