The Longer Listen

CoF

5 hours ago, David said:

Does this new podcast signal the end of the MFC Podcast then? It's the same host, isn't it? Plus, we've not had an episode of that since October.

Not necessarily, though for now yes. It’s having the time to do them all. Will see what’s what after the new year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Maybe he’s trying to follow the burrows path to employment :-) Are there any other podcasts by our fans? Player/manager interviews are fine, but I like the speculation, banter, and talking about who’s shite aspects of a fan podcast. 

Haha! It was more I was asked and really fancied a go at it. Great scope for a wide range of guests too.

Said over on P&B, agree there’s certainly room for both types of podcast, it’s just finding the time.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, claretband said:

Behind the curve on this, but when you click on the links it wants to open an external app on the phone, is there a way to listen using the native iPhone Podcast app, like we used to with the old podcasts?

I don't use the iPhone Podcast app, but what I did was search for "The Longer Listen" inside my app and then subscribe to it.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, claretband said:

I gave in in the end and installed the Podbean player, couldn't see any other way to listen on the phone, seems to work fine and a very good interview indeed.

I used to just download the podcast but installed Podbean last year for something else and now find it quite handy for a few other things and have got used to it. Although there are a few adverts, you can press the 30 second skip button and that's generally about right. 

• 1 month later...

Not the Longer Listen, but for those wanting a wee insight into one of the non-footballing sides of our club here's an hour with Alan Burrows talking about MFC marketing. A good insight into those behind the scenes, worth a listen on the way to work or doing the dishes. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/25-inside-motherwell-fc-with-chief-executive-alan-burrows/id1411592525?i=1000464117512