2019 ‘20 game 16 St Mirren (A) Dec. 4th

texanwellfan

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:. I'd drop Long for Scott. 

Whit planet are you on 

He cost us the 3rd goal at Easter Road and could have cost us a couple on Saturday by being caught on the ball and making bad decisions in the defensive 3rd of the field

Dont think he’s had the same impact since missing penalty against Aberdeen knocked his confidence a bit

Having said that he played great part in our 4th goal yesterday hope this boosts his confidence but he’s very much a work in progress 

As for Long just look a some of the unselfish runs he makes but we have know one in midfield able to pick out the telling pass

5 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Whit planet are you on 

He cost us the 3rd goal at Easter Road and could have cost us a couple on Saturday by being caught on the ball and making bad decisions in the defensive 3rd of the field

Dont think he’s had the same impact since missing penalty against Aberdeen knocked his confidence a bit

Having said that he played great part in our 4th goal yesterday hope this boosts his confidence but he’s very much a work in progress 

As for Long just look a some of the unselfish runs he makes but we have know one in midfield able to pick out the telling pass

I’d also go with Scott on the right. Said it a few times I think you need to pick Long or Cole to play through the middle. I think Scott’ s defensive failings you mentioned can be easily fixed. 

The manager hinted at changing things up on Wednesday. I’m going to guess that a couple out of seedorf, Scott and mugabi might start. Maybe Tait.

Cant think of anyone else who’s knocking on the door for a start. Campbell could possibly be in line for a rest, 

Carson 

Tait Mugabi Hartley Carroll 

Donnelly 

Campbell O’Hara 

Cole Long Hylton 

Grimmy, Gallagher and Polworth have all played a lot of football, give them a wee rest and give others an opportunity, and then see what happens for hearts. Big Dec will be back in of course but a wee rest after international football won’t do much harm, other 2 standards have dropped slightly the last 2 weeks however Polworth offers a lot with set pieces etc. But if we are going to sign O’Hara let’s see him from the start. 

14 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Whit planet are you on 

I am a BIG fan of James Scott. To me he is one of the most skilful players we have at the club and given his age that is saying something. 

He showed that in the lead up to the 4th goal.  His close control is very good and I think he will have a fantastic career and earn us a few bob.  

Above poster is correct in that he is guilty of trying to play football in the wrong areas of the pitch at times.  He is young and a less talented footballer would hoof it down the pitch which is actually what is required when surrounded by 2 or 3 opposing players. He got away with a couple on Saturday but hopefully he will learn. 

St Mirren have been getting plaudits for their play and if true you feel they will get some luck at some point.  By all accounts should have taken at least a point v Hibs and Aberdeen - 2 teams that put 3 goals past us recently.  So a very tough game in prospect.  I quite like St Mirren but hope their luck kicks in after midweek. 

Team selection will be based on reported illness but we have many options which is quite a luxury for us.  I think midfield is a tough one to call.  Polworth, Cambell and Donnelly are 1st choice but I can see O'Hara making a claim for a position as the season moves on.  Hylton was very good on Saturday and should start as should Cole.  Long is a decent player and works hard but it is not coming off for him at the moment.  I would start with same team as Saturday but would not be surprised to see Scott and or O'Hara get a start. 

I would just play our strongest 11. If we want to finish top four these are the winnable games and resting the likes of Polworth and Declan would be crazy. I would rather we rested players against Celtic and Rangers than games where three points are up for grabs.

• Like 1

They supposedly had a lot of good chances including a missed penalty and were very unlucky to lose at Pittodrie. They're also a lot stronger at home- this will not be an easy game. 

Strangely, they seemed to cause Aberdeen a lot of problems with their set pieces,  a team I would have thought would be well suited to dealing with that.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, sbcmfc said:

It looks like you can buy your ticket online and print at home.

Anyone able to confirm this?

I don’t want to go right through checkout as I need to make sure I’m home on time to go first...

Don't St. Midden have a ticket-booth behind our stand? (Accepts cash, ginger bottles, and bags of crack.)

Make sure you have the correct money for your programme: handing over a fiver brings the response "D'ye waant uh blow-joab ur a shag wi' at?"

I fucking hate Paisley.