2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

I’d like to see us perhaps put some more cross ball’s into the box for Cole to attack with his head.  We have options now with both Scott and Hylton able to dribble, shoot or cross. The more options the harder to defend against us. Hastie pretty much had one trick and defenses Sussed him out. But I think Hylton and Scott have a few other tricks for defenders to contend with. 

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

I think based on Wednesday it would be very harsh to drop Mugabi, 

It's an absolute nightmare for Robinson. Hartley was very patient and finally won his place back, and by all accounts has done okay, but Mugabi is absolutely class and if we take emotion out of it probably deserves to keep his place ahead of Hartley.

Hopefully someone comes in early Jan and offers us 750k for Gallagher. 

16 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

It's an absolute nightmare for Robinson. Hartley was very patient and finally won his place back, and by all accounts has done okay, but Mugabi is absolutely class and if we take emotion out of it probably deserves to keep his place ahead of Hartley.

Hopefully someone comes in early Jan and offers us 750k for Gallagher. 

Hopefully no-one offers us anything for big Declan, dont want to see us losing star players.  I would also start Mugabi, yes Hartley been doing ok but still think his distribution is woeful

31 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

On the plus side, Robinson has some prior experience dealing with a club captain who ended up not being quite good enough to get a game every week...

The sickness bug will determine who plays and who doesn’t. Hopefully the bug won’t effect us too much.  Hearts are not playing well, however, we need to be wary of the veteran forward MacLean as he has been a thorn in our side for years.  That’s assuming the injured Naismith  hasn’t recovered. 

This is the first time in a few years that I genuinely like our options in every position. I think we have a replacement that doesn't worry me in every position.

Polworth role is the exception but only because Turnbull isnt back. Hopefully we get a fully fit 11 out, 3 wins in a week would be lovely especially with Killie and Rangers looking like difficult games.

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Hopefully no-one offers us anything for big Declan, dont want to see us losing star players.  I would also start Mugabi, yes Hartley been doing ok but still think his distribution is woeful

Gallagher likes a long punt out the park 

. Hastie pretty much had one trick and defenses Sussed him out. But I think Hylton and Scott have a few other tricks for defenders to contend with. 

Hastie is twice the player either or them are(Scott might become as good as him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Ross said:

Hastie is twice the player either or them are(Scott might become as good as him)

Hastie might become the player you think he is. He certainly has potential. Remains to be seen if he can realize his potential.  I think Scott has more potential than Hastie but again, can he progress to higher levels and move on to better things. Hylton I think is going to achieve his highest level with us. 

Slightly off topic but Hylton is a different player to Hastie I'd say, more of a tricky winger, so not directly comparable. Seedorf is more like Jake though. Strong, direct, has a worldy in him, young and learning (forget sometimes Sherwin is only 21). Not much between them imo. 

On Hastie,  now warming the bench at Rotherham, last started 19th Oct after a promising  run and flurry of goals in his first few games...sound familiar?  I don't particularly have any ill will to the lad like some do but looks like he still has a lot of developing to do like most said. Just wish he had being doing it here.

Back to the game, Hearts are shite, we've got the shites, 2-0 'Well. Teams with sickness bugs 'spreading through the squad's always win. Bookmark it.

9 hours ago, Ross said:

Scott has way more potential than Hastie. Even before he left us teams realised if you stopped him cutting inside you nullified his biggest threat, last  two or three game he was pretty ineffective and taken off. Scott has far more of an all round game even at this stage, he has a good way to go but I think he will end up playing at a higher level than Hastie ever will. I can see Hastie knocking around various lower league clubs in England before ending up back up here at a Championship club.  If he gains a bit of maturity and starts making good decisions he will still have a decent career though, has has enough talent to do that.

5 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Hastie might become the player you think he is. He certainly has potential. Remains to be seen if he can realize his potential.  I think Scott has more potential than Hastie but again, can he progress to higher levels and move on to better things. Hylton I think is going to achieve his highest level with us. 

Have you seen Hylton in his recent run of games for us? The guy has magic in abundance, really got us going against St Johnstone, St Mirren he was dynamite as well. If he has a good season overall and adds some more goals to his tally you could see us get some decent money for him. He can definitely progress to a higher level. 

11 hours ago, Ross said:

Aye ok, Hasties "big move to Rangers" will consist of 4 years out on loan at league 1 or 2 clubs warming the bench, never getting anywhere near the Rangers team before being released and ending up at a Scottish  championship or lower team, so at this point I think Scott has the better career prospects.

That said I would love to be proved wrong re Hastie, as i think he was badly advised in moving to Rangers when he did, so time will tell.

A lot is going to depend on the fitness of the squad today. Certainly the eyecatching headline about our bug isn't consistent with Robbo's comment that the team won't be decimated. The worst case scenario is that the likes of Gallagher, Mugabi, Hartley, Campbell and Donnelly are affected. Time will tell. Whatever Hearts will provide us with a stern physical test as always. Management will do well to tell the team to completely disregard media headlines about Hearts being on a poor run.  

I think Hearts have been poor the last three or four times they have visited, even when top of the league, but they keep getting results and I worry today will be the same. We should have enough to win the game of course,  it sure it will happen.