2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think Hearts have been poor the last three or four times they have visited, even when top of the league, but they keep getting results and I worry today will be the same. We should have enough to win the game of course,  it sure it will happen.

I hope for a comfortable afternoon but having watched The Well for 50 years, teams who can't buy a win, often end their ad run at Fir Park.

I’d like to see Mugabe keep his place if only to match him against Ikpeazu. I hope we are fielding the fittest p oh Ayers in the middle of the park - we don’t need players weakened by a bug in the key place where the game is won or lost today. And I think if all that applies and our attackers maintain their aggressive running at the Hearts defence we should see a win by at least two goals. 4-1 for the Steelmen.

Hastie being twice the player of James Scott is one of the funniest things I have read in this site in a long time.  Utter drivel. 

Onto today’s game I think this will be really tough as Hearts will be fighting for everything. 

Fancy it to be a score draw, 2-2. Hopefully wee Allan Campbell is fit and the virus in the squad has had to much of a detrimental affect. 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye ok, Hasties "big move to Rangers" will consist of 4 years out on loan at league 1 or 2 clubs warming the bench, never getting anywhere near the Rangers team before being released and ending up at a Scottish  championship or lower team, so at this point I think Scott has the better career prospects.

That said I would love to be proved wrong re Hastie, as i think he was badly advised in moving to Rangers when he did, so time will tell.

14 hours ago, Ross said:

Hastie is twice the player either or them are(Scott might become as good as him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on the bench for Rotherham every week wont make Hastie any better than  anybody.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye ok, Hasties "big move to Rangers" will consist of 4 years out on loan at league 1 or 2 clubs warming the bench, never getting anywhere near the Rangers team before being released and ending up at a Scottish  championship or lower team, so at this point I think Scott has the better career prospects.

That said I would love to be proved wrong re Hastie, as i think he was badly advised in moving to Rangers when he did, so time will tell.

If he's on 5 grand a week, quite a bit lower than the average wage at Rangers,  he'll still earn over a million pounds over four years.

To stay at Motherwell would literally be like winning the lottery, then tearing up your ticket so you can keep working at McDonalds. 

On top of that he's played 14 more games and scored 3 more goals than he had this time last year at Motherwell, ie none, in front of much bigger home crowds (Rotherham 8,000 - 10,000 ave attendance) and at a level that's no worse, and arguably better than he'd be playing most weeks in the Premiership.

• Like 3

Today scoring the first goal is going to be crucial.

If we get the first I think the match will be there for the taking.  Hearts are in existential crisis and on a pair with St Mirren and St Johnstone in terms of quality.

We aren't likely to face a poorer Hearts team than this one so we really need to be looking for full points from this.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Today scoring the first goal is going to be crucial.

If we get the first I think the match will be there for the taking.  Hearts are in existential crisis and on a pair with St Mirren and St Johnstone in terms of quality.

We aren't likely to face a poorer Hearts team than this one so we really need to be looking for full points from this.

I'm glad the haven't got a new high-heid yin in for today, but judging by recent appointments...............