2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

Berra really does piss his pants at every decision, was fun watching him get wound up at the end. That red card was funny as well. 

Good set up and finish for the goal, but I’m going to give moment of the match to Donnelly for his cynical challenge in the last 10, and Grimmy man of the match for his Hammell-esque drawing out of throw ins. 

Probably didn't deserve the three points today in all honesty.  Fair play to Long for a good finish that has decided the match.

Overall though a pretty poor quality match with very few chances created for either team.

Don't want to be too critical given our league position but we've had an easy run of fixtures and I'm not convinced at all by our central midfield three.  For me it's substantially poorer than last season's and against better quality opponents, such as next week's visitors, I'd be a little concerned.  Our ball retention isn't good enough at the moment.

We've been a little bit like we were at times under McCall, not playing particularly well but picking up points and wins.

On the upside I thought Mugabi had another decent game, Carroll is very consistent and Hylton was excellent in periods but we are going to have to improve a lot against Rangers or it might be a long afternoon.

If any of the reporters want to know exactly why Mulraney was sent off, they just need to look at the MFC TV stream which had him on a full face close-up just as he was expressing his frank opinions to the ref.

Safe to say he wasn't congratulating him on a decision well made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Very good 3 points, wee bit of quality was the difference in the end. Thought Hylton, Polworth, Campbell and Carroll were class.

Crazy to think some people had written Carroll off because of a few Twitter comments. The guy is class.

Made a huge impact to our team having a left footed left back who can actually do the basics in football compared to the recent duds we’ve had. All joking aside the guy is different class, strong, pacey and can play, a real steal we’ve got there.

42 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Probably Hyltons best game for us. Hopefully more to come from him next week and not stage fright. Not such a good day for Scott but he’s going to have good days and not so good days for a while yet. 

Been raving about him for ages, that Morton game he was unreal and always backed him to do well, when he was written off after the hearts cup game. Ever since he’s got back into the side he keeps getting better and better, St Mirren on Wednesday he was class but today was even better. Glad to see he’s changing opinions of a lot of supporters now. 

5 hours ago, gullane said:

I hope for a comfortable afternoon but having watched The Well for 50 years, teams who can't buy a win, often end their ad run at Fir Park.

A pretty poor game in truth with lots of sloppy passing and not enough movement off the ball. A few moments of class from Hylton the bright spots. How are Hearts this bad with their playing budget ? terrible team. I stand by my opinion this season that 3rd place is up for grabs for any half decent team and I think at this point of the season we have been the 3rd most consistent team. You could argue that on their day Aberdeen are better than us but the flip side is they are truly awful far to often. Crap day both weather wise and the football in general but one look at the table makes me very happy, well done Mr Robinson.