2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Probably didn't deserve the three points today in all honesty.  Fair play to Long for a good finish that has decided the match.

Overall though a pretty poor quality match with very few chances created for either team.

Don't want to be too critical given our league position but we've had an easy run of fixtures and I'm not convinced at all by our central midfield three.  For me it's substantially poorer than last season's and against better quality opponents, such as next week's visitors, I'd be a little concerned.  Our ball retention isn't good enough at the moment.

We've been a little bit like we were at times under McCall, not playing particularly well but picking up points and wins.

On the upside I thought Mugabi had another decent game, Carroll is very consistent and Hylton was excellent in periods but we are going to have to improve a lot against Rangers or it might be a long afternoon.

Well said glad I didn't post that though might have upset a few on here 

• Like 1

You got to laugh at us Motherwell fans......

I was at the game today and don’t disagree with many of the comments but come on tae f*ck. 

Only our support could take 3 wins in a row, 3 clean sheets and 8 goals scored and turn it into...

- we were not that good

- we did not deserve the 3 points

- Scott is overrated

We are 3rd top and not 3rd bottom you miserable so and so’s

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As a Motherwell fan of a certain vintage, any win against Hearts is a good win. 

Nine ponts in a week when our squad is weakened by illness. This week could prove to be the defining point of our season. There will be ups and downs before the split, but we can all see that this squad is capable of playing better. Given the standard of our league, I'd say that top six is now our goal, not trying to avoid the drop. The stability that another season in the top division offers a club with our business model cannot be overestimated.

• Like 3

3 wins in a week and back up to 3rd and all that with a sickness bug doing the rounds,I'm well proud of our club right now,hopefully with a bit of rest,everybody should be fighting fit and ready to get tore right into rangers next week.

Agree about Berra. At 0-0 he was taking as long as he possibly could at every throw-in, stealing yards every time and then it was a foul throw every time. Is there still a rule about foul throws? as I can't remember the last time I saw one given. Even after he was booked he was fouling at every tackle and arguing with the ref. McLean is exactly the same, falling down for free kicks every time a player went near him. I thought we would miss that as Naismith wasn't playing. As for big Uchi  what can you say  a complete waste of a HUGE jersey

COYW

17 minutes ago, The African said:

As a Motherwell fan of a certain vintage, any win against Hearts is a good win. 

Nine ponts in a week when our squad is weakened by illness. This week could prove to be the defining point of our season. There will be ups and downs before the split, but we can all see that this squad is capable of playing better. Given the standard of our league, I'd say that top six is now our goal, not trying to avoid the drop. The stability that another season in the top division offers a club with our business model cannot be overestimated.

We are easily a top six team this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECOSSE1991 said:

How did Berra last 90 minutes with his repeated fouling and foul throws going unpunished?

Because he was entertaining to watch, total panto villain . Also felt robbo took huge gamble bringing on Hartley for long, almost inviting hearts to attack but hey we won so right decision 

12 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Agree about Berra. At 0-0 he was taking as long as he possibly could at every throw-in, stealing yards every time and then it was a foul throw every time. Is there still a rule about foul throws? as I can't remember the last time I saw one given. Even after he was booked he was fouling at every tackle and arguing with the ref. McLean is exactly the same, falling down for free kicks every time a player went near him. I thought we would miss that as Naismith wasn't playing. As for big Uchi  what can you say  a complete waste of a HUGE jersey

COYW

Thought it was just me seeing Berra doing foul shies and yard-stealing. I was assured by the intelligentsia around me in the POD that foul shies are cool, like squinty throw-ins at scrums. As for Steve MacLean, he's always been a diver and whiner and suits Hearts perfectly.

The atrocious offside decision today could have cost us dear on another day. Three wins in eight days is excellent and we can rest and get ready for The Hens next Sunday.

No reason we can't go one better than The Mutton Molesters.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Probably didn't deserve the three points today in all honesty.  Fair play to Long for a good finish that has decided the match.

Overall though a pretty poor quality match with very few chances created for either team.

Don't want to be too critical given our league position but we've had an easy run of fixtures and I'm not convinced at all by our central midfield three.  For me it's substantially poorer than last season's and against better quality opponents, such as next week's visitors, I'd be a little concerned.  Our ball retention isn't good enough at the moment.

We've been a little bit like we were at times under McCall, not playing particularly well but picking up points and wins.

On the upside I thought Mugabi had another decent game, Carroll is very consistent and Hylton was excellent in periods but we are going to have to improve a lot against Rangers or it might be a long afternoon.

our 3 looked not so gd today as hearts played a 3 6 1 with a midfield 4 of walker whelan meshino clare against our 3 but that also meant they had no one up front . game was really tight but hyltons ability and a superb long finish was our reward. every game is give and take tactically where we give up 1 area of pitch to take advantage in others as seen today. we are 3rd in league and more to come. lets enjoy it

48 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Because he was entertaining to watch, total panto villain . Also felt robbo took huge gamble bringing on Hartley for long, almost inviting hearts to attack but hey we won so right decision 

we went 352 then to combat their strikers which i thought was great move. fantastic we can play different formations to win games.