2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Very good 3 points, wee bit of quality was the difference in the end. Thought Hylton, Polworth, Campbell and Carroll were class.

Crazy to think some people had written Carroll off because of a few Twitter comments. The guy is class.

Tut tut no Long, I thought he had an excellent game and don’t forget Gillespie who apart from a couple of saves did not put a foot wrong today (very secure)

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

That's the worst offside call I've ever seen. 

Two guys playing him on by 3 yards directly in front of the linesman. 

Totally agreee how he can give that as offside is unbelievable 

Terrible decision but he was not the worst official on view yesterday REFEREE was an absolute joke with some of his decisions 

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Totally agreee how he can give that as offside is unbelievable 

Terrible decision but he was not the worst official on view yesterday REFEREE was an absolute joke with some of his decisions 

How was the linesman meant to see it with all those Hearts players in his way?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ropy said:

How was the linesman meant to see it with all those Hearts players in his way?

It was the opposite situation, but I remember being at a game at Somerset park when the ref gave an offside against an Ayr Utd player. A fan near me said, quite seriously "Just a well he was offside because we had nobody near him".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, claretband said:

Last 5 minutes Grimshaw in particular was excellent in winding down the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the fact that of the 3mins of injury time, 2 and a half of them were literally in the one corner before hearts eventually were given a sympathy free kick by the referee only for the keeper to balloon it straight in to the east stand. 

As a fan of a certain vintage, would agree there’s nothing better than beating Hearts, but our game management in terms of timewasting and shithousery in the last few minutes was outstanding, with the red card the icing on the cake.    Beating the decades-long masters of the Dark Arts at their own game - priceless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MearnsWell said:

As a fan of a certain vintage, would agree there’s nothing better than beating Hearts, but our game management in terms of timewasting and shithousery in the last few minutes was outstanding, with the red card the icing on the cake.    Beating the decades-long masters of the Dark Arts at their own game - priceless.

:lol:   Yes thought we done a splendid job of running the clock down in added stoppage time. As far away from our goal as possible.  Maybe we are actually learning from our mistakes ! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

:lol:   Yes thought we done a splendid job of running the clock down in added stoppage time. As far away from our goal as possible.  Maybe we are actually learning from our mistakes ! 

Certainly an aspect of our game that Robinson pinpointed we needed to improve. We were definitely a lot more savvy in the closing minutes yesterday.

51 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I forgot to mention, I thought it was a shocking decision by the jobs worth stewards/security people to not allow the boys with the large flag into the game. Honestly they are driving people away from the games with this nonsense.

Is it not the polis that give that instruction? I'm not sure they care about driving people away from the game.

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

Is it not the polis that give that instruction? I'm not sure they care about driving people away from the game.

I’m not sure who made the decision, however, similar sized flags have been allowed into Fir Park previously and that appeared to be the problem. I was making my way into the East Stand and all I noticed was a few young boys ‘debating’ with the stewards/security. One was asking a young boy to calm down as he appeared to be trying to make his point over the issue of the flag.  Unless a flag is offensive I see no issue why it can’t be allowed in.

The flag

Ahead of today’s fixture v Hearts, Motherwell FC’s Safety Officer, made a conscious decision to knock back a banner which he had already pre-approved.

This weekend we are hosting our friends Legio Noviomagum from NEC Nijmegen.

The club were well aware of this and generously offered each of the 25 who travelled from the Netherlands tickets for today’s match.

On arrival to the stadium, despite previously confirming the banner which simply read NEC MFC was allowed in the stadium, the safety officer tried to flex his muscles rejecting said banner and his reasoning was “it is too big”.

Our friends from The Netherlands have spent hundreds of pounds on flights and accommodation to attend today’s fixture but unfortunately a club official has done everything in his power to make this trip less enjoyable.

For over a decade we have had a positive relationship with the football club but this season this relationship has been put in to question on many occasions.

Our aim is, and always will be, to inject a positive colourful atmosphere to Motherwell fixtures. Today we tried to do what we do best but a barrier was put in place by “one of our own”.

Despite conversations with the Chief Executive who emphasised he would rather have us in the stadium we couldn’t find a positive resolution.

Put simply, despite knowing our plans in advance, our Safety Officer wouldn’t budge and claimed the banner could breach safety regulations.

As a result of the Safety Officer’s decision, we decided not to enter the stadium and we will consider our position until the relationship improves.

SIWY.