2019 ‘20 game 17: Hearts (H) Sat. Dec. 7th

texanwellfan

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It has now reached the stage, as the issue has gone public,  that the club needs to clarify the situation. 

The club definitely needs to clarify the position and also WHO made the decision not to let the flag in

I was just passing the bowling club when I saw a group of about 20 young guys with the flag. They were being asked to unfurl it,I thought so they could check what was on it 

not any offensive/political/religious 

Once the boys unfurled it the steward pointed to his ear and was saying it was to big “I’ve been told it’s to big” this was a steward not the police so someone within the hierarchy of the club made that decision WHO ?? think we have a right to know

Now the flag was big but no where near as big as what has been unfurled within Ibrox or Parkhead in recent weeks so unless they have different health and safety laws than the rest of us don’t see what the problem was.

When told this one of the young boys said Ah feck off we’ve already cleared it with the club   The police sergeant took offence to this and along with two PCs grabbed the young boy and pinned him against the wall of the East Stand with the sergeant right in the boys face (trying to provoke a reaction from the boy) totally OTT from the police IMO

I asked a young WPC what the young boy had done and the next minute I’ve got two PCs in my face asking what my problem is .

Our fan base is not that great that we can alienate the young boys who back the team to the hilt and being a bit of passion and colour to the bottom end of the east stand 

Was it just me but from where I sit in the POD it looked as if some of the boys walked out after about 10 to 15 minutes into the game.

The club really need to tell us if the boys had permission to bring the flag in and if they did WHO  made the decision to change it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

The club really need to tell us if the boys had permission to bring the flag in and if they did WHO  made the decision to change it 

I’m not so sure they will. Mr Burrows had been put in a position which he couldn’t overturn due others which he explained to those involved.

The SIWY fanzine statement alludes to who made the decision.

I’d surmise Officer Dibble had an input also given their handling of non-events prior to the match. With our safety officer being an ex-employee, it’s not conducive to popular fan/club relationship.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

With our safety officer being an ex-employee, it’s not conducive to popular fan/club relationship.

Agree and will be picking up a nice pension wedge after early retirement, jobs for the boys, why do football clubs go down this root

If his attitude is anything like that of the officers outside the east stand no wonder we don’t have a good fan relationship 

Lets see how many banners, size of them and what’s on them turn up in the South Stand on Sunday 

Also heard some of the Bois debating wether to boycott home games and just go to away games if so the club needs to sort this debacle out and fast

Just to change the subject a bit.

It can't be overstated just how bad that offside decision is.  In the circumstances, I reckon you'll struggle to see worse at any level of professional football this season.

I wonder if Robbo got an immediate apology from the officials or if that's just reserved for Gerrard and marginal decisions against Rangers?

Thankfully the offside decision didn't prove costly on this occasion, but if you think back to the Ross County game Declan Gallagher's goal was wrongly chopped off, that's two goals under the same referee wrongly chalked off. In fairness to him his assistant didn't help him at all, he couldn't be in a better position to judge any potential offside call. 

Regarding the banner if club had approved it then there needs to be an explanation why it wasn't allowed in. Also what was the score in the stairs once in east stand?. Was large group standing and making it difficult for their fellow well fans to get up the stairs.  Jeezo we are all there to support the mighty well. Altogether now...COMMMMEEEE ONNNNNNN YEEEEEE WELLLLLLLL

Nobody has mentioned that there was only about 900 Hearts fans turned up on Saturday which is approximately 5% of their supporters that go to every home game, we had approximately 750 fans at Paisley on the Wednesday night which is 20% of our supporters, so much for the Hearts who claim to be the third biggest support in Scotland!!

i think even St Mirren would have brought more to Fir Park than Hearts.

3 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Nobody has mentioned that there was only about 900 Hearts fans turned up on Saturday which is approximately 5% of their supporters that go to every home game, we had approximately 750 fans at Paisley on the Wednesday night which is 20% of our supporters, so much for the Hearts who claim to be the third biggest support in Scotland!!

i think even St Mirren would have brought more to Fir Park than Hearts.

Smallest Hearts support I’ve seen at Motherwell but it was a poor gate overall given how well we are doing this season. Poor weather, Christmas shopping maybe having a factor.

9 hours ago, Ross said:

How was it not the case

Because it wasn’t? Your ideal isn’t helping - maybe tapping into a subject you know little about?

Certainly no pyro recovered and as the statement says refused on the grounds the banner was ‘too big’. The same matter taken up by our CEO who tried to pacify the situation.

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Smallest Hearts support I’ve seen at Motherwell but it was a poor gate overall given how well we are doing this season. Poor weather, Christmas shopping maybe having a factor.

Say it every year, but it's absolutely mental the amount of games that get rammed into December for sake of a fortnight off in Jan.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Absolutely. Then more often than not, Celtic and Sevco organise friendlies!

To be fair, all clubs play friendlies then. The difference the games are in Spain or Dubai instead of Scotland. The "January Break" is Horse Shit

2 hours ago, rinkydink said:

Say it every year, but it's absolutely mental the amount of games that get rammed into December for sake of a fortnight off in Jan.  

I don't mind the fortnight off, but could easily spread the other games over more than one month.

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

To be fair, all clubs play friendlies then. The difference the games are in Spain or Dubai instead of Scotland. The "January Break" is Horse Shit

Big difference between playing a training game while resting players that are injured etc. than getting kicked off the park on a Wednesday night in Perth.

Because it wasn’t? Your ideal isn’t helping - maybe tapping into a subject you know little about?
Certainly no pyro recovered and as the statement says refused on the grounds the banner was ‘too big’. The same matter taken up by our CEO who tried to pacify the situation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SIWYfanzine/status/1203389367156445184/photo/1
No mate there was no pyro at all.Do you not think the flag was too big as it would cover everyone and they would have no ideas as to who let off the flares.As they have let bigger flags in before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ross said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SIWYfanzine/status/1203389367156445184/photo/1
No mate there was no pyro at all.Do you not think the flag was too big as it would cover everyone and they would have no ideas as to who let off the flares.As they have let bigger flags in before

Are you still going on? Less of the mate too.

You’re making things up now. For the record, there is no flares (of the pyrotechnic variety) in that photograph & that event was  in an area of Motherwell far away from the ground & long after the match had finished.

Club official approved the banner in advance & it was created on the Thursday prior to the match. Information is same employee refused its entry upon arrival at ground. It’s now for both parties to find a common ground... easier said than done.

Are you still going on? Less of the mate too.
You’re making things up now. For the record, there is no flares (of the pyrotechnic variety) in that photograph & that event was  in an area of Motherwell far away from the ground & long after the match had finished.
Club official approved the banner in advance & it was created on the Thursday prior to the match. Information is same employee refused its entry upon arrival at ground. It’s now for both parties to find a common ground... easier said than done.

Sorry mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1