2019’20 game 18: rangers (H) Sun. Dec 15th

fizoxy

On 12/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, weeyin said:

Best chance ever.

Copyright, "every game against pre/post liquidation versions of this mob for the last 20 years."

First time opening the thread before even opening it I knew I'd read you post that.  I'm now turning my attention to see how many posts it'll take before UBH says he'll never see us beat them in the league again. :lol: Ahh the Rangers league game traditions.

• Like 1

I would anticipate that we'll follow the usual pre-game Old Firm protocols  by referencing how good Rangers are, how far Steven Gerrard has taken them, laugh off the transfer chat about whatever one of our players the Daily Record links Rangers with on Friday and say how we all need to be at our very best.... blah de blah.

In the dressing room I would hope we would be licking our lips at getting stuck into them.  There's plenty to be optimistic about.  For all they've had some convincing displays away from home they've also dropped points on their travels and been made to work to very late on in the game to cement some of their wins.

My hope is that we approach this one with the same ferocity and intensity as we did the Celtic game at Fir Park at the beginning of the season.  We were excellent for the first twenty-odd minutes that afternoon but unfortunately ran out of steam ridiculously early.  I would think that those sampling their first game against one of the Old Firm that afternoon are considerably further down the line to full fitness now and there won't be the same drop off. 

Quietly optimistic.

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Hopefully the cup game and the Euro game will have taken the edge off them, especially if they lose tomorrow night. We have a squad capable of getting a point from this one and on our day three.  I’ll go for a high scoring 3-3 draw. 

I think the chase for the league title will be enough to keep them motivated.

• Haha 1

No idea how the game will go tomorrow. 

However there is one complete and utter stick on. Rangers will get a penalty for a soft ish foul on Morelos.

They have had too many claims recently not given that it is 100% guaranteed we will get the brunt of it. 

Whether we score or come back I genuinely have no clue.

Teamwise I would keep the same team as last week. However I think there will potentially be one change, Cole in for Scott.  I think using Longs movement on the shoulder of the defenders could be our best threat.

Hopefully also isolate Hylton on Tavernier as I think he will rip him.

Briefly thought about just staying in bed and waking up to look at the score but being a well fan you just can’t help yourself !  Also going to my first Dallas cowboys game after being here 30 years but if we can take 3 points at fir park I won’t be giving a toss about the cowboys score.