2019’20 game 18: rangers (H) Sun. Dec 15th

fizoxy

9 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Briefly thought about just staying in bed and waking up to look at the score but being a well fan you just can’t help yourself !  Also going to my first Dallas cowboys game after being here 30 years but if we can take 3 points at fir park I won’t be giving a toss about the cowboys score. 

Cowboys in with a great chance of joining that elite group of teams that get to the playoffs with a losing record.

Rangers haven't won in 3 matches so they are going to be under pressure, especially if they don't start well.  They can't afford to drop further behind Celtic, especially with the next Old Firm match at Celtic Park.  If they were even to draw today they could easily be 7 points behind Celtic at the break.  That wouldn't go down well.

I think we've got away with a lot due to playing very poor teams over the last few matches and we are going to have to perform at a much higher level to have a chance.  We can't afford to only start playing 30 minutes in.  Rangers have only failed to score 2 or more in the league 3 times out of 15 this season so we will have to use the ball much better than we have and be right in there from the start.  If we give them the opening 30 minutes they will almost certainly score.

Rangers will be massive favourites but if you only bet on favourites, like I do, you'll know that's not exactly the fast track to untold wealth.  Rangers are much better than us but they have also shown a fragile underside recently, albeit against better teams than us. It's still there though.  

We have nothing to lose, it's Rangers that have to win.  I hope we can transfer the pressure from us to them during the match.  Then you never know.

The only time we've ditched the 4-3-3 this season has been against Rangers and Celtic so I'd fully expect us to go 5-3-2.

Don't know why people are surprised by our passing. It was rotten against St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hearts.

Poor distribution from the keeper and an inability to keep the ball has put us under so much avoidable pressure. It led to the goal.

Formation needs changed. Campbell and Donnelly look so isolated on the ball. Need to load the midfield. Three forwards are doing nothing right now.

I don't think we can be too critical of the players. Let's face it, they have better players in every position and there's a reason they're in the knockout stages of the Europa league. Can only hang in there and look for something on the break. Trying to go at them would be suicidal.