2019’20 game 18: rangers (H) Sun. Dec 15th

fizoxy

18 hours ago, claretband said:

Did they really put flags across the scoreboard? If so that’s incredible no action was taken.

I watched the game in a pub with couple of Irish guys who didn’t know our team. At half time their comment was “Is your keeper always this good?”

Yes his distribution isn’t as good as Carson but it is ok. Maybe we should play them game about emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the more annoying was the fact that there were 3 polis standing 5 yards along from it doing nowt about it.

17 minutes ago, santheman said:

All the more annoying was the fact that there were 3 polis standing 5 yards along from it doing nowt about it.

Annoying it may be, but I'm not sure there's anything illegal about draping a flag over a scoreboard. (Safety issue maybe, if they flash emergency announcements up there--but not everyone in the ground can see the scoreboard anyway, so not even sure about that.) In which case, the polis would doubtless argue that trying to deal with it might have caused more of a disturbance than just letting them make whatever point it was they thought they were making.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

All the more annoying was the fact that therefore were 3 polis standing 5 yards along from it doing nowt about it.

To be fair (sorry), the stewards and polis made quite a big effort to get them to shift it before the game started and just after kick off. Tried to get in but then seemed to back off. Probably to do with the fact they were crowding the polis and stewards out and given it was the front of the top tier maybe not the best idea to steam in for the sake of a flag or two.

19 minutes ago, superward said:

To be fair (sorry), the stewards and polis made quite a big effort to get them to shift it before the game started and just after kick off. Tried to get in but then seemed to back off. Probably to do with the fact they were crowding the polis and stewards out and given it was the front of the top tier maybe not the best idea to steam in for the sake of a flag or two.

Didn’t see that Thanks for clearing it up. As you say it would be a bit stupid piling in the front row of the top tier

Surprised they only managed to smuggle in those 2 flags though

12 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

They have not lost away all season, that’s not down to luck in my view. They closed us down very quickly and were extremely well organised even when down to 10 men. Not seen another team we have played at home be that effective against us. I don’t buy the big decision line costing us.

I never said the fact that they’ve not lost away from home is down to luck. I said they’ve been lucky to accumulate the number of points they have and I stand by that. If you don’t think that getting a penalty and Rangers potentially  going down to 10 men so early in the game would make a big difference then I disagree.

1 hour ago, superward said:

It’s quite simple to fix next game. Cut the allocation and border off the whole front section of the 2nd tier. Anybody tries to stick a flag over the board it’ll be easily removed and won’t put stewards or police at risk with the crowd further back. 

• Thanks 1

It’s quite simple to fix next game. Cut the allocation and border off the whole front section of the 2nd tier. Anybody tries to stick a flag over the board it’ll be easily removed and won’t put stewards or police at risk with the crowd further back. 

Oh yes let’s reduce our income even further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

I never said the fact that they’ve not lost away from home is down to luck. I said they’ve been lucky to accumulate the number of points they have and I stand by that. If you don’t think that getting a penalty and Rangers potentially  going down to 10 men so early in the game would make a big difference then I disagree.

Hey ho all about opinions.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

The frustration is that our weaknesses were exposed today and I always new that would be the case against superior opposition. Ya Bezzer says we are the best of the rest and the best of a bad bunch and I agree. Our performances against St J and to an extent Hearts were not all that good the difference being they could not take their chances and we could.

A very good summary, which reflects my own view Iain. In these games our "defence" in its widest sense including the midfield , hasn't been playing well despite recording clean sheets. Opposing players have been given too much freedom  to pressurise Gillespie.  As you say most teams haven't been able to convert that generosity into goals but Celtic and Rangers did. 

The media reaction and Rangers fans tears over the 2nd Morelos booking are mental.

It was a 2nd yellow not a straight red.

I’d never condone throwing things at him, but this was as a result of his celebration (no excuse), rather than somehow vindicating his “celebration”. No excuse for throwing things at him, but let’s not put the horse before the cart.

The Scott Brown incident they keep referring to was during a lap of honour, and while I agree it was poor judgement on his part, there’s no scope to retrospectively punish him.

Michael Higdon

Id also add Morelos has been pushing his luck by continually goading opposition fans after scoring, he took it too far on Sunday and was rightly booked. 

Like their “3 players offside” pish from last week, it seems their tactic is shout your disinformation loud enough for long enough and it will become fact. Like the media and SFA witch hunt against them. Don’t make us laugh.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Like their “3 players offside” pish from last week, it seems their tactic is shout your disinformation loud enough for long enough and it will become fact. Like the media and SFA witch hunt against them. Don’t make us laugh.

Who does that remind you of?

Fifty thousand more nurses...

Not subject to the Scottish media rubbish here so not sure what is going on but how anyone can complain about his second yellow is beyond me. If anything his own fans and management should be all over his arse for being so stupid as that is a stick on yellow all day long. 
    Likewise if the club get punished for the objects being thrown, we should be all over our fans there. There is no excuse whatsoever for people to be throwing anything at all at anyone or onto the pitch.  It only puts the club in a bad light and is never going to have a positive outcome. 

Reading the stories in the media and reacting to it (positively or negatively) is exactly what they want.

When it comes to OF games, I don't even bother looking at the related stories for the week after because I know the kind of mince that's going to be in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Not that it makes a difference really, but feel the temperature of the drink is an unnecessary trumping of the charge.

Steam comes off yer Pish in the east stand toilets, doesn’t mean it’s boiling hot, you’d be lucky if it was hot at half time, never mind 70 minutes into a game.

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51056021

Quite right, no place for it and only serves to make us look daft.

Yep agree totally, getting fed up with these daft incidents.  If one of our players had anything thrown at them we would be wanting the offender dealt with.  Come on folks let's cut out this nonsense and concentrate on backing the team...COYW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As unfashionable as it is to say this in this day and age. Shit happens.

Any time you see a crowd of mostly males that numbers into the thousands, or even tens of thousands in some cases, you're going to get some undesirables. That's just how it is. 

If they act up, the club bans them, identifies them to the police and allows the law to take charge of the situation. There isn't anything more that can be done by the football club, and it's certainly not a reflection on said club or the majority of its support.

Same goes for racism. Human being have been racist since the beginning of time. That doesn't make it okay by any stretch, but there's always going to be wallopers out there who act like that. Again, clubs can identify, ban, and hand them over to the authorities.

Each time we've faced any crowd issues of this type the club have acted responsibly in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Not condoning the action, but, more to the story than being published.

The club lawyers working overtime on a few media based ‘issues’ this week.

Is that why it doesn’t say it’s a Motherwell fan in the story?

Thought the club would’ve released something saying a fan had been banned and reported to the police or whatever?

Or can they not because of court case.

Im curious now.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Is that why it doesn’t say it’s a Motherwell fan in the story?

Thought the club would’ve released something saying a fan had been banned and reported to the police or whatever?

Or can they not because of court case.

Im curious now.

Any banning, I imagine, will only happen after a guilt verdict.

• 4 weeks later...