Robinson

Toxteth O'Grady

On 12/16/2019 at 8:59 PM, GazzyB said:

Given there is virtually no information on what's happened or what the charges are that's quite a fuckin imagination you've got on you.

Thanks, I’ll make sure that I never speculate on a online forum ever again. I would do a search, however, I’m sure you have always practiced what you preach and have never ever commented on a story before the full facts were available. I think the thread should have been closed to comments after the first post was made as we can’t have people speculating, can we? :stop:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Well Well said:

A quote for the fans that think every player should be a hard tackling, back tracking, ball winning, dynamo.

"If you are a dribbler, don’t think you are a tackler, do what you are good at and do it even better."

• 2 weeks later...

What a horrible bit of publicity for the club and the manager himself. 
However with the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise nothing will come of this until the process is complete.  

But the serious question is, where does the club stand on this issue if he’s found guilty? Is this a sackable offence?  With securing our highest sponsorship deal for this season and the profile of being a fan owned family club. Would we be able to morally justify having a manager at the forefront of everything that we do and stand for as a club being found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend? 

Could be a horrible dilemma for the board come the end of this, potential to effect the rest of the season? 

What I heard a few weeks ago is that his partner didn't want to press charges but the entire incident is on CCTV which means it's not up to her.

The club have known about this for over a month so you expect Burrows and the board to have prepared a public response and a strategy for dealing with this. If anyone thinks we can keep a manager in place who has been convicted of assualting his partner in the current climate of media scrutiny of abuse of women they are kidding themselves on. 

It'll be interesting to see how the Scottish football media cover this given how they turn a blind eye to Neil Lennon's history of abusing his partners as well as the circumstances around his exit from Hibs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ross said:

On the bbc it says he pinned a women against a fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye, sorry.

BBC article far more specific than the one I read earlier.

Innocent until proven guilty, may well be some context that explains his actions, especially if there was others involved.

22 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If he’s found guilty of the assault charge, he probably has to go. Which is pretty inconvenient.

Paul Quinn was found guilty of beating a guy unconscious - and we made him club captain and let him keep playing. So history suggests we wouldn't let him go.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Paul Quinn was found guilty of beating a guy unconscious - and we made him club captain and let him keep playing. So history suggests we wouldn't let him go.

I suppose the other scenario is that he might feel honourably obliged to offer his resignation. Who knows if the board would accept it, but it probably wouldn't look great if they didn't.

7 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Declan Gallagher too. I’m massively more uncomfortable at what he did  severe injury and danger of life. I won’t boo him it’s the clubs decision but I can hardly cheer him on   So no I doubt the club would release Robbo if found guilty. 

If he's found guilty we'll likely see a few interviews where he'll talk about how he regrets his actions, how he doesn't condone such behaviour, how he knows he was wrong and apologises and so forth, with maybe some work with relevant charities chucked in as well.

He's not getting sacked because of it. 

15 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Domestic violence is quite obviously seen differently 

Agreed. But given he has plead not guilty, police confirmed there were no injuries and there hasn't been a trial or a verdict yet - I'd still contend that potentially life-changing injuries dished out by Gallagher and Quinn are more serious (from a criminal perspective. I'm not advocating in favour of domestic violence here!)

Regardless, I hate the rush to judgement of the torch wielding social media mobs. The recent Carl Beech debacle is one extreme example of how these things turn into witch hunts.

If he's found guilty, then we can start discussing his future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1