Robinson

Toxteth O'Grady

44 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Domestic violence is quite obviously seen differently 

22 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Agreed. But given he has plead not guilty, police confirmed there were no injuries and there hasn't been a trial or a verdict yet - I'd still contend that potentially life-changing injuries dished out by Gallagher and Quinn are more serious (from a criminal perspective. I'm not advocating in favour of domestic violence here!)

In the court of public opinion, “hitting a woman” is probably seen as worse.

If there is CCTV footage and it has happened then it definetly puts the club in a bit of an awkward situation whatever their thoughts.

Will surely affect any chances he had of the Northern Ireland job if it turns out it is true.   Until it is though which is not a definite I am sure his position wont be affected in any way and we carry on business as usual with hopefully a win on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's the opposite. He's fucked cause of CCTV.

Have you seen the footage? What's on it? Is the judge allowing it as evidence? What defence is being put up against it? Is video evidence sufficient for this specific charge or is corroboration required?

Etc. etc.

But keep speculating - it's really helpful.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Have you seen the footage? What's on it? Is the judge allowing it as evidence? What defence is being put up against it? Is video evidence sufficient for this specific charge or is corroboration required?

Etc. etc.

But keep speculating - it's really helpful.

I was told that he is being charged on the basis of the CCTV footage rather than witness statements. 

Obviously I've not seen it but the PF are proceeding so it's unlikely to be good for him. You can be convicted on the basis of CCTV evidence alone in Scotland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Thank god for CCTV, hopefully that will help his case, and perhaps prove his innocence? Edinburgh has CCTV cameras everywhere so there should be no shortage of footage.

He was only arrested because of what the police seen on CCTV  

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

He was only arrested because of what the police seen on CCTV  

Is that a known fact? I had just assumed he was perhaps confronted/reported by a random stranger to the police, as that area of Edinburgh has always been pretty busy with tourists, taxi drivers and the like. However, if the CCTV from the area is conclusive that he assaulted his partner, then I suspect the club  will be under media pressure to let him go. I’m sure it all will become clear at the trial on what they have, or haven’t got against him.  Until then it’s all speculation. 

34 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Is that a known fact? I had just assumed he was perhaps confronted/reported by a random stranger to the police, as that area of Edinburgh has always been pretty busy with tourists, taxi drivers and the like. However, if the CCTV from the area is conclusive that he assaulted his wife, then I suspect the club  will be under media pressure to let him go. I’m sure it all will become clear at the trial on what they have, or haven’t got against him.  Until then it’s all speculation. 

Its a reported fact , you 've clearly not seen many/any of the reports , and its probably best to stop assuming and adding detail like implying it was his wife, when its clearly been reported (in statements of fact)  it was his partner even naming her

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Its a reported fact , you 've clearly not seen many/any of the reports , and its probably best to stop assuming and adding detail like implying it was his wife, when its clearly been reported (in statements of fact)  it was his partner even naming her

Yes partner, not wife. I’ll amend the post to say partner.