2019’20 game 19: Kilmarnock (A) Sat. Dec 21st 3pm

Brazilian

Half way point in the league, game 19

Usual Kilmarnock ticket shithousery

Tickets are available online now or from the Fir Park ticket office.

Cash gates are currently NOT guaranteed to be available on the day, therefore pre-purchase is advised

£22, £17 and £5

plastic pitch, Killie have only collected  one point from their 3 games in December and have scored zero goals , in matches many would expect them to have taken the 9 points

We go into it , in 4th position  and cannot finish the day,  any lower  , 3rd could be in our grasp If we can better Aberdeens result at Celtic park. (also 3pm ko)

James Scott to start for me for me.

I'd go with

Carson

Tait

Hartley

Gallagher

Carroll

Donnelly

Campbell

Polworth

Cole

Long
Hylton

I like Mugabi and I reckon he was in ahead of Hartley on merit on Sunday as opposed to any fitness/illness issues, but I think he was poor at the weekend and Hartley deserves to come back in.

Kilmarnock haven't scored in their last three, and with Aberdeen and Hibs both playing the Old Firm this weekend is massive. We could be 11 points clear of 5th on Saturday night. Time for us to show we're good enough for a top 4 finish. 2-0 to us!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Jeezo, surely something behind the scenes there? If Killie have sacked their manager because 5th place isn't good enough for them I hope they go down.

Just about as stupid a decision as sacking Robinson would have been. He was turning them around before they built up a big injury list along with suspensions. I firmly believe he would have turned things around but football is not full of patient individuals these days.

It's just taken the Killie board 22 games to realise Alessio was a mistake, a punt that backfired on them. There have been rumours from the start that the players and board were unhappy at his methods etc so this is no surprise . That said an unpopular manager gone, caretaker in charge, got to be a home win then on Saturday,  I hope not.

14 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I'd go with

Carson

Tait

Hartley

Gallagher

Carroll

Donnelly

Campbell

Polworth

Cole

Long
Hylton

I like Mugabi and I reckon he was in ahead of Hartley on merit on Sunday as opposed to any fitness/illness issues, but I think he was poor at the weekend and Hartley deserves to come back in.

Kilmarnock haven't scored in their last three, and with Aberdeen and Hibs both playing the Old Firm this weekend is massive. We could be 11 points clear of 5th on Saturday night. Time for us to show we're good enough for a top 4 finish. 2-0 to us!

Wouldn't be against that starting 11. However, if Gillespie is extending (seems to be) and Carson is therefore leaving I'd not make that change. If both are still not sure then I'd make the change.

• Like 1

After Killie shafting us over the tickets for the abandoned game I've no interest in paying into their shitey plastic park any time soon. 

I was quite impressed by how well they played with ten men at Fir Park. They haven't scored a lot of goals but they didn't sign any decent attackers. I'm sure I read something about Allessio wanting a grass pitch so that might be why he got canned. 

I was shocked at how poor Tait was in the Hearts cup game this season, as he had been one of our most consistent players. I had thought it was just a bad day at the office, but his subsequent appearances have been well below the standards he had set in previous years.

He seems a bit young for age to have caught up with him, but there's no arguing he's been a yard off the pace any time he's played this season. (And I say this as someone who has been a big fan of Tait since he joined the club).

20 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I'd go with

Carson

Tait

Hartley

Gallagher

Carroll

Donnelly

Campbell

Polworth

Cole

Long
Hylton

Would start Scott instead of Cole and really can't understand why Gillespie would be dropped.  I feel so sorry for Carson as he was superb before his problems but Gillespie been superb and doesn't deserve to be dropped

Key game for us. Need to get back on track before the winter break and not take our eye off the ball with distractions elsewhere, like Killie's management situation, or indeed our own manager's extracurricular activities.  This has to be seen as the first opportunity of three to get a good haul of points from these three matches and put us in poll position for a good final league placing. No need for wholesale changes. We were doing okay until Sunday. All things considered, I'd probably take a point right now.

5 minutes ago, The African said:

Key game for us. Need to get back on track before the winter break and not take our eye off the ball with distractions elsewhere, like Killie's management situation, or indeed our own manager's extracurricular activities.  This has to be seen as the first opportunity of three to get a good haul of points from these three matches and put us in poll position for a good final league placing. No need for wholesale changes. We were doing okay until Sunday. All things considered, I'd probably take a point right now.

Yes, similar to the 3 games prior to rangers. 9 points up for grabs. Taking each game on its own we have a decent chance to pick up 3 points from each game. Of course we need to turn up and play but our aim should be 9 points. 6 or 7 points would be alright.  5 points would be ok but anything less than 5 points doesn’t suggest us challenging for third spot. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:23 PM, Brazilian said:

Cash gates are currently NOT guaranteed to be available on the day, therefore pre-purchase is advised

This nonsense does my head in.

Another example of actively discouraging fans.

It won't be close to a sell out and people may make late decisions to go etc, particularly at this time of year.

General question - Are tickets bought online printable, or do they need to be collected?

1 hour ago, Richie said:

This nonsense does my head in.

Another example of actively discouraging fans.

It won't be close to a sell out and people may make late decisions to go etc, particularly at this time of year.

General question - Are tickets bought online printable, or do they need to be collected?

They've announced you can buy tickets on the day.  Not sure why they couldn't have done that in the first place.

• Like 1

Live video on Motherwell tv??  
Really important game, more so for us to keep the gap between us and the teams below, I think, rather than keeping pace with Aberdeen.  End of the day could see us 11 points clear of 5th place team (assuming Hibs don’t win) or cut back to only 5 point gap. Getting 11 points clear of 5th place at this point in the season would be huge