2019’20 game 19: Kilmarnock (A) Sat. Dec 21st 3pm

Brazilian

Seedorf is a hugely frustrating figure.

He is clearly lightning fast and not without some ability.

However.....

His game intelligence is really poor and his body language at times would have you question whether he actually has any real desire to be a footballer.

He seems to lack heart and his tracking back is at times non existent.

Im hoping that Robbo and the backroom team can coach some of this into him. He is still young enough to learn. However, I had hoped to see more improvement by now.

There is definitely a player in there. Whether we will see him or not remains to be seen.

Seedorf is still young and inexperienced. I have no idea if he will turn into the real deal, but he obviously has potential and I'm happy to have our coaching staff work on his development to see where that takes him.

The "no real desire to be a footballer" I think is, at best, nonsense.

3 hours ago, jonnymfc said:

Only just caught the highlights of the game and I cant believe we won that, Kilmarnocks finishing was very poor.

Yes, we were fortunate not to lose a goal or two but what goes around comes around as they say.  Killie have worn Dick Turpin's hat more than once at Fir Park.

• Like 1

A couple of their chances came when they were throwing everything into getting back into the game at the end. Campbell also had a great chance for us, and there was the disallowed goal and Polworth’s 1on1. We were also the better team over most of the game and looked comfortable. We were in no way lucky to win. 

• Like 1

Not seen the highlights, but been surprised by some of the narrative around Saturday - I thought we were worthy winners overall.  It was a long way removed from the Dick Turpin game Dave references above.  

The Seedorf for Hylton change seemed bizarre at the time, given it was just after the incident on the touchline where Hylton was adjudged to have fouled O'Donnell.  Disappointed that he wasn't given the opportunity to go straight at him again.  Almost as if the change is pre-programmed somehow.

6 minutes ago, rinkydink said:

Not seen the highlights, but been surprised by some of the narrative around Saturday - I thought we were worthy winners overall.  It was a long way removed from the Dick Turpin game Dave references above. 

Fair comment. From the highlights we also had a few chances and a disallowed goal. Its history now though and the 3 points are ours. :D

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

Seedorf is still young and inexperienced. I have no idea if he will turn into the real deal, but he obviously has potential and I'm happy to have our coaching staff work on his development to see where that takes him.

The "no real desire to be a footballer" I think is, at best, nonsense.

Not really sure what to make of your response.

The first part pretty much paraphrases the point I was making. The second point is not actually what I said.

Clearly, the fact that Seedord IS in fact a footballer, would indicate that he has the desire to be one.  The point was regarding his body language and it still stands.