Next 4 Games

faddythedaddy

The next 4 games are...

Away to Hearts

Home to United

Away to Killie

Home to Aberdeen

Massive game on Wed, id take a point. I think we've got what it takes to beat an off form United team.

If we can get 4 points from our next 2 games then id say we are right in the Euro mix (Not the Vengaboys I hear you cry).

Moist

Thing is, IF we do make it (and it's a huge IF and not looking/wanting to tempt fate). But, if we somehow manage to claw our way back the points deficit we had over the other 4 since Dec, and we do end up clinching Europe. Which one will be better, last season with the skills and great play all season and hoping we hang on all season and get it with a few games to spare. Or this season, fighting and grinding away results for the 2nd half of the season and climbing up the table from 10th upwards to go on and clinch it.

Both will be extremely sweet, and getting ahead of ourselves, what an achievement it would be if we manage back-to-back European seasons.

We must now hope for a Rangers/Aberdeen/Celtic Scottish Cup Final.

All 4 games are extremely winnable, 9 points though would be an amazing return for us.

All those games are vital, given that they involve teams around us in the table. I think we are capable of taking a minimum of six points from them, and that should keep us in the top six and in with a shout of Europe next season.

Unfortunately we have Killie on Shitanta, which is the only downfall from the set of matches, although Dundee United game is on Beeb Alba.

As I said in This Thread , and many more before it, we have everything still to play for, and our current form shows Europe is a very strong possibility.

I think, 9 maybe even 10 is very doable, but we're Motherwell so, so is 0 :huh:

We are clearly taking a game-at-a-time and it's working. FHW are beatable, crept their way clear into third but they aren't to me anything to worry about. Apparently they kicked and cheated their way to three points today, and got lucky with a piss-poor penalty take from United. We've already gubbed United this season, certainly know how to play them and whilst I know they'll try to take getting humped as a motivating factor for revenge, nothing to fear. And we're on our favourite channel BBC Alba. Kilmarnock away I'd say is the one I'm most concerned about, they've beaten us twice this season without deserving as much as a piont! However, very hot and cold so with luck we'll at long, long last get a win on Sultana Telly after all these games. Due a win over the sheep, they were apparently gash today and it appears only Aluko is creating anything for them. I know it's all ifs and buts, and we've got to play a bit ourselves, but an unbeaten run such as this isn't just built on an accident or three.

We are clearly taking a game-at-a-time and it's working. FHW are beatable, crept their way clear into third but they aren't to me anything to worry about. Apparently they kicked and cheated their way to three points today, and got lucky with a piss-poor penalty take from United. We've already gubbed United this season, certainly know how to play them and whilst I know they'll try to take getting humped as a motivating factor for revenge, nothing to fear. And we're on our favourite channel BBC Alba. Kilmarnock away I'd say is the one I'm most concerned about, they've beaten us twice this season without deserving as much as a piont! However, very hot and cold so with luck we'll at long, long last get a win on Sultana Telly after all these games. Due a win over the sheep, they were apparently gash today and it appears only Aluko is creating anything for them. I know it's all ifs and buts, and we've got to play a bit ourselves, but an unbeaten run such as this isn't just built on an accident or three.

So we kicked and cheated our way to 3 points? did you hear this from a bitter United fan, or are you just making this up? My guess is your making it up, because i was at Tannadice yesterday and there was not kicking and cheating going on. ( except from the ref who awarded a pen to DU that was never a penalty in a million years) :P

Ignoring the Jambo idiot that went running to Jamboskickback, where they claim we're fascinated by them... ye it is them that post about our Pitch or McGhee when they can :P I think the best thing about this season as before our run we have never even been thought about as European Challengers. What is even better is that the media still don't realise it is not only between Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee United.

Ignoring the Jambo idiot that went running to Jamboskickback, where they claim we're fascinated by them... ye it is them that post about our Pitch or McGhee when they can :P I think the best thing about this season as before our run we have never even been thought about as European Challengers. What is even better is that the media still don't realise it is not only between Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee United.

I don't post on Kickback. B-) You claim not to be fascinated by us? why are you on kickback then ? :P

I didn't get carried away when we were on our miserable run before Christmas, so I'm not going to get carried away now. The next four games are extremely tough and I'll be satisfied if we are still in the top six after they've been played...

One thing's for sure, after these next four league games are played, we'll have a much clearer picture of how our season is going to finish.

I don't post on Kickback. :P You claim not to be fascinated by us? why are you on kickback then ? :P

Personally, i go onto Kickback just to noise up my brother,sis and sis in law ...they hate it when i let all you Jambos know that they are related heavily to the 'Well and sis in law used to be a hibbee B-)

FHW are beatable, crept their way clear into third but they aren't to me anything to worry about. Apparently they kicked and cheated their way to three points today, and got lucky with a piss-poor penalty take from United.

The highlights would appear to aggree with your description Ricky. Hearts seem to have scored with a rare attempt on goal with United doing everything but score. Oh and the penalty was very poorly taken. It's not clear on the short highlights if they kicked and cheated but it wouldn't be Hearts if they didn't. I actually fear United more as they offer more of an attacking threat. Hearts appear to just bully teams into submission.

I don't post on Kickback. :lol: You claim not to be fascinated by us? why are you on kickback then ? :lol:

Cause I have all SPL Clubs forums bookmarked except Rangers and Celtic ones. It is always good to see what other clubs make of the weekend, and current affairs in Football. :lol:

Hearts are the hardest team to beat of the four, no question. Us being away I really cannot see us getting anything there though they don't score many and we haven't lost two in a game since December! Still think they'll just have too much for us. However United, Killie and Aberdeen are all toiling a bit. We win the two home games and get a draw at Killie we are right in the mix. I'm thinking Hearts are away from the rest anyway so to me Wednesday is the least important game in the run. Though if we take something then I'll be disappointed with a loss until we go to Ibrox.

So we kicked and cheated our way to 3 points? did you hear this from a bitter United fan, or are you just making this up? My guess is your making it up, because i was at Tannadice yesterday and there was not kicking and cheating going on. ( except from the ref who awarded a pen to DU that was never a penalty in a million years) :lol:

Well, you have previous. And plenty of it...........

We've did great to get ourselves back into contention of even talking about Europe but for me as the top 6 isn't secured yet that's all I'm looking at. Just so I don't get carried away of course. I think all 4 games coming up are winnable but at the same time could easily be lost (which I know is stating the obvious!).

I'd bite yer haun aff for a point on Wednesday, but we need to win the home games coming up and take at least a point of Killie if Europe is to be a reality. That said, Europe could be achieved by finishing 5th, and I do think that isn't outwith the realms of possibilty. 3rd may be a bridge too far though.

Everything to play for and we're in a great postion. Just imagine if we hadn't went on that horrific run before Christmas!!!

Third may well be a bridge too far but its not out of the question yet. McGhee says a draw is worthless to us on Wednesday and we are going to Tynecastle looking for a win. Good enough for me.

Hearts are what 9 in front of us, and we have to play them twice........

For what its worth, if we get through the united game with our unbeaten record in 2009 still intact, i think we are going to be looking good for 3rd or 4th.

Get beat in the next two games though the heads go down and we may struggle to keep in the top 6!