Game 20: Ross County (A) December 26th 2019

livivoice

This could be an absolutely massive result for us.  Keeps momentum going, and thetes something sweet about a late winner that really gives you a bounce in your step for the next match, that extra bit to keep the energy levels up, hopefully it sees us through the accies game and the players can get a well deserved rest before keeping it going for the rest of the season.

For their goal Hylton was with spittal but never handed him over to anyone else or track him himself. Can see Robbo having some words about that but something that can be fixed.

15 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

The County player who crossed the ball was in acres of space with Tait standing well off him. He was allowed time and space to pick his target who was unmarked in the danger area. Still Robbo and Keef will no doubt be analysing every mistake as well as the good things. 

Think its what is drummed into our fullbacks on the training ground !!!

Its the same every week does not matter what wing a team is attacking down our opposite fullback is usually miles away from the man he should be marking

Happens on to many occasions for it to be a coincidence 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

As for events after the final whistle, that was a different matter entirely. The girl from our media team was justifiably trying to film our fans celebrations at the end and for some reason the stewards were trying to stop her. She gamefully carried on causing 2 of the stewards to physically man handle her out of the way. This resulted in one of our fans (male, but not a daft wee boy) to try and intervene and protect her. He was thereafter dragged to the ground by several stewards causing Alan Burrows to rush across to intervene. 

A French TV reporter?  A bit embarrassing for Ross County?

56 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Think its what is drummed into our fullbacks on the training ground !!!

Its the same every week does not matter what wing a team is attacking down our opposite fullback is usually miles away from the man he should be marking

Happens on to many occasions for it to be a coincidence 

It's the modern game. Full backs aren't expected to tackle or have any defensive nous these days, as long as they are productive going forward.

Look at Trent Alexander-Arnold yesterday being touted as the best right back in the world. Undoubtedly an excellent attacking player, but I'd say questionable defensive skills. I prefer my full backs to be good defenders first, but I know that is just the rant of an old man now :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Really quite strange comments.  As fairly new supporters of the club we don’t recognise any of these statements. Well fans in general tend to be very friendly and it’s very much a family oriented club, never had a problem with anyone. In our two seasons at a Rangers those around us were mostly older individuals who spent the whole game spouting hatred. Are Rangers fans blind to what goes on around them.

I'd be interested to read your views as relative newcomers. Your second last sentence doesn't read quite right  - what's been your experience at Rangers games?

3 hours ago, daver said:

I'd be interested to read your views as relative newcomers. Your second last sentence doesn't read quite right  - what's been your experience at Rangers games?

We were in the main stand, I would say the majority of those around us were elderly supporters who had supported Rangers for decades mixed in with a few parents with children. There was a lot of anti catholic bile aimed at officials and sometimes opposition players along with just a torrent of abuse at some of their own players and management. Even decent Rangers fans just seemed to see this as the norm. We finally packed it in after the play off game against Motherwell. As you know I support a guy with disabilities to the games, he had a different support that evening only because I was  away on holiday. A drunk guy with a small child started abusing him and was eventually thrown out but that was enough, he was never comfortable with the atmosphere and the mentality of those around him.

Thanks for clarifying- I wasn't sure whether you meant you were at Rangers or whether it was at a game at Fir Park (forgetting we housed them in the main stand).

Disappointed to hear this behaviour is so widespread in their support and not just the minority they claim. I sit in the Cooper so don't have to witness it up close and at least the club has decided not to put them in the main stand any more.