Game 21: Hamilton Accies (H) December 29th 2019

Andy_P

Looking forward to Sunday's derby but we must take nothing for granted. Accies would like nothing more than to dampen our day. They'll prove difficult opponents as always and I doubt they'll come to Fir Park to slug it out with us toe to toe and to entertain us. Hopefully the likes of Donnelly, Long and perhaps Cole will be available. Does anyone know whats wrong with Cole and Long?  

25 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Looking forward to Sunday's derby but we must take nothing for granted. Accies would like nothing more than to dampen our day. They'll prove a difficult opponents as always and I doubt they'll come to Fir Park to slug it out with us toe to toe and to entertain us. Hopefully the likes of Donnelly, Long and perhaps Cole will be available. Does anyone know whats wrong with Cole and Long?  

Long was a doubt before the Killie game so maybe the plastic didn't help whatever was wrong.  Per this, Cole was ill yesterday:

motherwell-close-to-signing-new-striker-as-devante-cole-replacement

Robinson’s quote re accies:   Their position doesn'treally relay how they have been playing, their performances have been decent.

i Have to disagree, their league position accurately reflects their inability to score goals and defend goals as compared to the other teams in the league.  Of course they could still beat us on the day but Let’s hope we continue to play well enough to not let that happen. 

7 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Considering our recent form and lying third in the SPFL I would love to see a good turnout of Well fans, it would be great to see at least 5,000 home fans, is that too much to expect?

the club do very little to market individual games , they barely even use the free media channels to mention its on, Interestingly the last Accie sgame at hamilton seen some extra promotion to encourage a big 'Well support

if any Motherwell fan wants the crowd to grow, its within the means of almost each and every one of us to add one or more to the gate

encourage a relation, friend, neighbour, colleague to grab the opportunity to come along to Fir park, spin it as a homecoming, tell them how good  its been,  decent viewing , Hell,  tell them the pies are good.

even if you dont get along yourself , often we will still know someone in the area, that could be encouraged along, or someone that regularly attends who could be nudged to bring a kid thats at a loose end over the holidays

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brazilian said:

the club do very little to market individual games , they barely even use the free media channels to mention its on, Interestingly the last Accie sgame at hamilton seen some extra promotion to encourage a big 'Well support

if any Motherwell fan wants the crowd to grow, its within the means of almost each and every one of us to add one or more to the gate

encourage a relation, friend, neighbour, colleague to grab the opportunity to come along to Fir park, spin it as a homecoming, tell them how good  its been,  decent viewing , Hell,  tell them the pies are good.

even if you dont get along yourself , often we will still know someone in the area, that could be encouraged along, or someone that regularly attends who could be nudged to bring a kid thats at a loose end over the holidays

I tried to persuade the wife yesterday with the hospitality package, she was not biting.

I'm aware a few 'Well fans are thinking this will be straightforward.

Word of caution. Accies will deploy same tactics that saw them unluckily lose recently at Celtic Park. 

We will I feel have to be very patient and be prepared to go deep into the match before securing victory.

Can see a 1-0 victory for us which will send us all happy into the break.

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

I'm aware a few 'Well fans are thinking this will be straightforward.

Word of caution. Accies will deploy same tactics that saw them unluckily lose recently at Celtic Park. 

We will I feel have to be very patient and be prepared to go deep into the match before securing victory.

Can see a 1-0 victory for us which will send us all happy into the break.

Same tactics they used against St Johnstone as well

Anti Football 

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Someone who hasn't scored will score tomorrow. 

So what you're saying is go all in on Grimshaw or O'Hara to score anytime. 

Frankly hoping for a comfortable afternoon but if you offer me Motherwell 1 (Grimshaw 90+1) Hamilton 0 then I'd rip yer arm off and beat you with the wet end...

Any kind of win will do for me. Three points and keep the feel good feeling going into the break. Anyone who thinks it will be a canter is kidding themselves. The standard from third to twelfth in our league doesn't span too much of a quality gap. Throw in the local derby factor and you can take nothing for granted. Let's hope that the growing confidence within the squad from a great run of results and decent performances is enough to get the job done.

We just know Accies will bring their brand of anti football to stop us from playing. I expect a very frustrating afternoon ahead. Just hope they don't score first as their time wasting, fouling and general spoiling tactics will reach a new level. 

However we have the quality and class to ensure the points remain at Fir Park.